Levi’s claims to be an eco-conscious company founded on empathy. But there’s absolutely nothing kind or eco-friendly about the leather patches that it puts on its jeans.
Cows in the leather industry are routinely beaten, mutilated, slaughtered, and skinned—sometimes while they’re still alive—just so that their skin can end up as a patch on jeans. Levi’s already uses many vegan patches, but the company STILL REFUSES to stop fueling the cruel leather trade.
We’re calling on compassionate people like you to take a stand with PETA and countless other animal rights activists in demanding that Levi’s stop using animal parts for its clothing.
Here’s how to take action:
- Post this photo on your personal social media pages with the caption below:
Hey, @Levis, let cows keep their skin. #RejectLeather patches!
- Use the live chat option on Levi’s website to speak with a representative. Politely urge the company to stop using cruel leather patches.
- Leave a comment on Levi’s social media pages, spreading the word that cows are suffering for leather.
- Text EVIL to 73822 to urge Levi’s to ditch leather. Terms for automated texts/calls from PETA: http://peta.vg/txt. Text STOP to end, HELP for more info. Msg/data rates may apply. U.S. only.
- Call the company at 1-800-872-5384 and voice your concerns that cows in the leather industry are violently killed for their skin.
Here are some talking points:
- Animal leather often comes from cows who endure confinement, extreme crowding, disease, and food and water deprivation. Painful mutilations—such as branding, tail-docking, and castration—are all commonly performed on them without painkillers, and they’re transported hundreds of miles from feedlots to slaughterhouses, where many are skinned while still alive.
- Animal leather has at least three times the negative environmental impact as most vegan leather. The most effective way to reduce Levi’s impact on the environment is to use only animal-free materials. If you’re truly committed to empathy and sustainability, please align your beliefs with your business practices and make the switch to vegan leather patches today.
Please let us know how your call to Levi’s went below. By submitting this form to PETA, you are not taking action or contacting the company. This is a feedback form to help us improve the call-in experience.