The World’s First Force-Feeding Demo

Written by PETA | August 12, 2007

I think I’ve talked before about how amazing PETA Germany is at coming up with stuff that’s totally out of left field. They’re literalists, when it comes to demonstrations, and the results are often indescribably compelling. Faced with the problem of how to convey to people just how gruesome the force-feeding of ducks for foie gras is, the Germans simply brushed aside all objections and created the world’s first-ever Force-Feeding Demo. Great work, PETA G. You guys rule.

Foie_gras_1.jpg
Foie_gras_2.jpg

Comments

• Bárbara Branco says:

Glenda Brosman: Ok, people have to eat. But don’t you think we must do all that we can so that the animals suffer less, or not suffer at all??? Wild animals don’t have any alternative than to hunt, but we have! And I am not a vegetarian (yet) but as a person that can think and choose, I choose not to eat things like this because there are alternatives. Please people… stop being so selfish!

• Glenda Brosman says:

PALEESE!!!!!!! banning goose liver!!!! People have eaten this for centuries! PETA is a wonderful organization at some points. But if they had their way….. We would never eat meat again. They should form an organization to stop all life in the wild from stalking and killing their prey. This is absurd!!!!!

• Niranjan says:

AWESOME demo by PETA Germany! The TRUTH is been exposed!

• Lisa says:

Michael I think I’d pay to watch that! Gordon Ramsay surely has to be one of the most ignorant numpties on the planet! Well deserved!

• alex says:

although the demo was probaly sick its reality thishappens to millions of ducksgeese per year

• stasya berber says:

Neeraj. Im an american.and im not forcing a developing country to spray their crops with pesticides. also organic food is pricey here for a reason simply because of the small supply versus the demand and because of the resources of the supplier who may be just a small operator.

• krishna devi dasi says:

to neeraj soman as a hindu and knowing some sanskrit language i feel free to guess that according to your name you are indian or have some indian heritage so please before you’re bubbling nonsense here go and learn the vedic scriptures!

• Michael Conley says:

I have an even better idea for a protest for foie gras. Okay it’s a well documented that psycho chef Gordon Ramsay serves foie gras at his restaurants it’s also well documented that he gets annoyed very easily when people question him and it’s also well documented that ducks often choke on their own vomit after being force fed so I’m considering feeding myself grain then throwing it up heaps of times into a water bottle then going up to him with a camera crew with me and saying “Did you know that ducks often choke on their own vomit in foie gras production?” and throw my own barf in his face and say “Now you can too!” and get away on a segway! Hoorahh!

• Neeraj Soman says:

Stop bonsai! This horrific “art” of stunting tying and generally torturing trees has been propagated throughout the world! We must act against it preferably before I die of starvation because apparently eating animals is cruelas is eating plants. Oh and don’t forget those pesticides that those horrible starving people of Asia and africa useeat ONLY overpriced organic americangrown food if you DO choose to be cruel and actually…eat. PS Does keeping Mexican guy who trims my front yard off healthcare count as cruelty? Apparently geese and fish count for more than humans to some people.

• kris shulfer says:

oh my god!!!! i love it!! i cant help but to love PETA even more when I see these demonstrations more and more!! i too have seen the video and it is nasty !!

• Jacob Dijkstra, M.D. says:

Actually this is not the first forcefeeding demonstration. Although I live in the U.S. I do keep track of what is happening in my home country The Netherlands. About 2 months ago on Dutch TV there was a demonstration of forcefeeding in front of a live audience.. I did see the video clip and it was quite dramatic. I do not remember the show but I am sure that PETA The Netherlands will be able to provide you with the details.

• Ana says:

Peta Germany is no nonsense. I am so glad they are literalists. This forcefeeding is UGLY and CRUEL!!!! Go Peta Germany!!!!

• Brianna Fritchey says:

Yay that’s so awesome! I love it when people do stuff like that. Germany rules!

• Judith, Freedom Fighter says:

These folks really know how to get things done. You are simply wonderful. Judith

• Stephanie says:

Wow that really is an eye opener for meat eaters or at least it should be. Some people feel that because they are animals they don’t have feelings or know whats going on. That isn’t the case at all! When you relate animal cruelty by demonstrating on humans it helps show people who may not understand or respect all the horrible things that are done to animals just how inhumane it really is.