Working at PETA: Best Job Ever

Written by PETA | July 24, 2009

You can’t pick up a newspaper (or browse a news blog) anymore without seeing an article lamenting the state of the economy—especially when it comes to unemployment. The question on everyone’s mind seems to be, “Are there any jobs available?” Sadly, the answer in the meager want ads seems to be a resounding “No.”

But there’s hope, people! One place, at least, is still hiring. Thanks to the exponentially increasing interest in animal rights (just look at the reactions to our new undercover investigation), PETA has been fortunate enough to be able to expand its workforce.

This video makes excellent points about PETA’s mission, but I would like to add a few more reasons why working for PETA is the best job in the world*:

1. When somebody offers you a snack, there’s no need to say, “Thanks, but is it vegan?” (It is!)
  2. At PETA, every day is “Take Your Dog to Work Day.” (If only Sir Dracula were up to making the trip to the office.)
  3. When I tell people what I do for a living, they invariably ask me if I’ve ever gone naked for a protest. What a conversation-starter!
  4. On a related note, two words: naked celebrities.
  5. And, of course, there’s the fact that you’re helping to fight animal abuse around the world—and that’s no small thing.

Convinced? I thought so. So head on over to check out our current job openings and give us a holler—we’d love to hear from you.

Written by Amanda Schinke

*According to a recent study, the worst job in the world is that of a lumberjack. PETA has no lumberjack positions. Coincidence? Or evidence of how awesome PETA is?

Comments

• cheyanne says:

can u help me i have to do a project on PETA on the past and what thay do and some facts idk wher to look for it and it is due tomorow help!

• vegancoin says:

hmmmmm.. that sure sounds tempting… yes indeed… after all going vegan being compassionate and providing a voice for the animals is the only way to make this a better world.

• Sue says:

It looks as if Ingrid is sensitive to the light. Her eyes are mere slits.

• Tim Smith says:

‘Working at PETA is the best job ever.’ No policing I think is the best job ever has it’s ups and downs sure but I’m ready for it.

• david says:

I’d love to apply… but I know I wont get it. I have such a deep heart for animals and such a deep wanttomakeachange it’s incredible. But i’ve applied to so many animal hospitals kennels etc and none of them want me. I just don’t get it. Background and everything is clean I just have weird unemployment gaps… that seems to be all they care about which is just redic. 100 All these employers today retail food are so ignorant and stuckup it’s not even bloody funny! Out of like 50 managers looking to hire 5 of them are atleast nice. Our economy is bad yes but you know what makes it worse? The poor attitudes and immaturity or employers wanting to hire. Sorry I’m ranting. Good vid and blog though.

• Debbie says:

I wish I could as well. After I complete my AAS in Paralegal studies I would like to work somewhere that enforces animal rights. I am in Missouri and there is almost nothing here to help enforce animal laws. My whole life revolves around animals and their rights.

• Brien Comerford says:

PETA is a venerable organization that strives to make the world a peaceful crueltyfree and safe place for all creatures great and small.

• Amanda Goodwin says:

At the moment i am going to college to get my vet tech degree. I also plan to minor in journalism. Once i am done with college i plan to apply.

• Aneliese says:

I wish I could but I live in Canada.