‘Win It’ Wednesday: Vegan Valentine’s Chocolate

Written by PETA | January 27, 2010

Comic Ricky Gervais roots for the bulls. Actor Marissa Lewis dreams of a world free of cages and chains. Well, one of my many “perfect world wishes” is that every day could be Valentine’s Day. Not only could I indulge daily in delectable vegan chocolates like those from Harbor Candy, which happen to be this week’s “Win It” Wednesday prizes …

Chocolate

… I also believe that people might become more loving and kinder to everyone around them, including their companion animals. All dogs would be allowed to stop and sniff on leisurely strolls instead of being yelled at and yanked along on hasty morning marches. Cats could enjoy their naps on newspapers, along with some gentle scratches from their human caretakers, instead of being shooed away. I’m confident that my wish would benefit not just my own addiction to chocolate but also the lives of countless otherwise beleaguered and bored companion animals.

So tell us, what’s your “perfect world wish” for animals? If you can’t narrow it down to one, enter as often as you’d like. Make us snort with laughter or choke back tears and you might win one of two boxes of Harbor Candy chocolates. We’ve got a deluxe box of chocolates for the grand-prize winner and a sampler box for the runner-up. If you win, feel free to share them with your sweetheart, but if you keep ‘em for yourself, we won’t tell.

The contest ends on February 3, 2010, and we’ll pick the winners on February 5, 2010. Be sure to read our privacy policy and terms and conditions, as you’re agreeing to both by commenting. Good luck!

Written by Karin Bennett

Comments

• angelina jaramillo says:

my perfect animal wish would be for all animals to live a long healthy happy safe life. To be able to live as a true animal should. With their own kind in the right habit and only in natures hands. It makes me sad to even think that this wish will never come true especially because of cruel human beings. Sometimes it kills me to be a human when I have seen all the suffering we have cause on each other and especially innocent animals…but then again I am glad to be a human when I see people like you and PETA who take a stand for what is right and help animals have a right and a life! sorry to get so sappy lol And that is my wish!!!!!

• Lauren Holt says:

I would want every animal to feel loved by at least somebody every animal free from fear. I would love to be able to read the news without an animal being abused. I would love for longer sentences on those that do abuse animals. I would love for MY dog to loose a little weight and stop forcing me to give him treats with those puppy dog eyes!

• Wendy says:

My “perfect world wish” for animals is simple. I wish that everyone could understand that animals are living beings who feel pain both mentally and physically. Maybe then they would be treated as they deserve. They deserve no less than us humans do!

• nicole licklider says:

i had to enter for my babies too… a purrfect world for my little kitty kat…this world would be a world of nothing but heating vents covered with purrfectly folded towls for her to lay on…that is it…that’s all she would need…oh we can’t forget this…warm laps too…you know…for when she’s bored with her heating vent beds… room mate 2 gracie the brittney spanielbluetick mix…her perfect world would have no “no barking” laws…she’s my very vocal girl…no matter what is in her yard be it moving leaf or unsuspecting cardinal bird she’s giving it an earfull…she doesn’t attack or growl even…she just barks barks barks barks barks…you get the point…i love her singing voice…buuuuut my neighbors…well not so much…so gracie has to do her business and come right in after 9pm…but when morning comes it on…she gets to sing her songs all day long… room mate 3 borris the shar pei borris would enjoy a world that consisted of mommy a couch and a tv…his human sister kizzy can come too…but that’s it…mommy couch tv kizzy…nothing more…nothing less…you gotta luv my old man… room mate 4 charlie the beagle…what wouldn’t charlie want??? goodness…let’s see…well he eats anything and everything as long as it’s not supposed to be eaten…bottle caps socks fur tumble weeds boxer shorts nursing bras small teddy bears these are all things he’s “thrown up…” i swear the little guy can open drawers and doors…so i would imagine his world would consist of an iron stomach…i bet he would love to be able to keep his treats down… side note i called the vet and she insists it’s the breed rescued from a dumping on the highway…there’s nothing i can do… last but not least…room mate 5…baxter…my little chihuahuajack russell mix…i think he already lives in what he considers a perfect world…this little man holds the key to my heart…him and my little 9 month old daughter…of course i love all my children furry and not so furry… but baxter is my special little man…he lived the first eight years of his life in a room by himself…his previous owner beat him…when he wasn’t being beaten he was isolated…his rescue is a long long story…let’s just say i was saving this little man even if i had to hire someone…now he’s glued to me and the baby…he omg i cannot believe i’m admitting to this spoons with me at night…he wakes up when he wants to…usually about an hour or two after my husband and i…he goes outside ONLY when he feels like it…he rides in the bottom of the stroller when he gets tired on walks i swear…i have it on video… he sleeps between my legs on the couch and the baby sits on his butt on my lap…what more could he want…you name it he’s got it…he is my special little man… !!!oh how i love my family!!!

• nicole licklider says:

my wish for animals is that they would be treated with the same respect we give our fellow humans…i would love to see all animals as well as some of the more unfortunate humans afforded food shelter and love…it would be nice if everyone including our friends with fur and four legs some with scales and no legs had a warm bed to sleep in at night…even pillows…how lovely would it be if there was no such thing as animal cruelty and abuse…no neglect…children and animal alike…no cages…no chains…no factory farming…no fear…it would be a perfect world…enough food and shelter for everyone…more than enough love to go around…a warm welcoming lap for all of our big and little critters alike…wouldn’t it be nice if we could all live in perfect harmony???

• moo.lennon. says:

like the beatlesoh yes!i love them!all u need is love…love thats all i wish for.between every creature.LOVE!because loveand nothing else!is all u really need.ok..maybe u need air too.but love is way more important.because life is not measured by the breaths we takebut of the moments that take our breath away…

• Heather says:

My wish for all animals is for all animals to live in a cruelty free world. Where all animals have a happy family and no animals were abused or abandoned. And for animals testing to stop and the animal testers to realize that they ruined innocent lives Im glad I have my chicnhilla and my dog. They make my day

• Brooke says:

A Perfect World. I know I can’t ask for everyone to go vegan but to make this world a little more perfect I would just want everyone to understand. Understand that tofu isn’t gross it’s the massacred chicken on your fork that is. Understand the vile things that go on at slaughter houses. Understand that this isn’t the good old days where cows were milked gently and chickens lay proper eggs. Maybe if people opened their minds to the inhumane cruelty and suffering that goes on around them every day and opened their hearts to actually care a little they’ll understand how we vegans feel.

• christa says:

easy…no more factory farms and no more animals in research labs… and a selfish component…dogs would have equal lifespans to humans…

• Addie H says:

In a perfect world everyone would be a vegan. There would be no “factory farms.” There would be no debeaked and declawed chickens. And especially there would be no hunting. Hunting is awful. There would be no animal testing or kids supporting animal cruelty by going to the circus. No one would be supporting the clubbing of seals by simply going to the olympics. Everyone would love ALL animals and no one would try to hurt them. Basically in a perfect world there would be no need for PETA or the ASPCA or the humane society. Unfortunately we DON’T live in a perfect world. So I thank you PETA this Valentine’s Day for trying to create the perfect world that I have described.

• Emily says:

My perfect world wish for animals is that they could be eligable to be on game shows with the brain of a nerd. I can always imagine my cat being on a game show and winning the grand prize. She flaunts her stuff and shows off to the mean humans who ever treated her and other animals badly. All animals could then outsmart the humans and show them that they can’t be messed with. They would tell them in big words that our world would be pandemonium without animals.

• Michelle says:

My wish is that one day we can have a world that appreciates animals like they do people. I want everything and everyone to live in peace together.

• Melissa says:

My perfect world wish for animals begins with us people…humans. The negative attitudes have got to go. By this I mean “well it doesn’t matter if you’re a vegetarian they are still going to kill the animals regardless.” I’m tired of hearing this from everyone I tell that I’m vegetarian workings towards vegan. In my mind one person can make a difference. I’m one less person eating meat on a daily basis.

• Elise says:

A world where people had hearts everyone cared about animal’s feelings one that animal abuse was treated no differently than child abuse. Also a world that doesn’t push animals to extinction. In the next 3 generations there will be more tigers jaguars other wild cats living in the wild in the US than in their home country. Now THAT is sad!….

• Valerie says:

A world where if you’re NOT vegan you’re considered really weird. Oh and every time someone cussed at their petsor any animal for that case you’d get five years of house arrest!

• Rachael Ocondi says:

my perfect wish for animals would be that everyone of them have a voice to not be abused mutilated torchered and rather be treated with respect and the intelligence that we all know they have instead of treating them like they feel no pain and are stupid creatures. they are far more wise than some humans are if only people could see that maybe the human race would not be doomed.

• Marguerite Blake says:

A perfect world for animals is one where humans respect and appreciate the divine gifts that their fellow companions animals are in life.

• molly says:

A animals perfect world is a life full of love and passion. They do not care about if they have clothes like designer stuff if your a animal owner that dresses your animals but all they care about is being loved good taken care of not abused or not being raised for food.

• Christine B. says:

My perfect world wish is to stop animal cruelty and for every animal to have a home and not to be abandon. Animals are like children they depend on us for food love safety and shelter and in return they give us everlasting love

• Alecia says:

For peace between animals and humans .

• Saswat says:

Could you really enjoy having a milky bar after knowing how cows are treated for milk supply for that same milky bar.. please think.

• courtney says:

In a perfect world there would be no hungry animals and we would all live in harmony….In a perfect world

• Kelli says:

In my perfect world pets wouldn’t have to be put to death just because their owners decided the dog or cat had gotten too big was too much responsibility they didn’t have enough time for them etc. etc. And the kind responsible people who are truly committed to having a pet would only adopt from shelters rather than buying from breedersstores.

• Kirsten says:

My “perfect world wish” is that animals are no longer hurt. Anywhere.

• Maru Vigo says:

In a totally perfect world Ingrid would be President of the USA and I will be Secretary of Education. All animal abusers would be treated in the same way they treated animals for 10 years if they survive and then they would be servants of animals for life. In a perfect world I will have vegan chocolates for dessert every single day!

• Maru Vigo says:

In a perfect world for animals all humans are respectful of different species and they have learned to admire the qualities and virtues that our animal brothers already have. There are no cages abuse or misery because boundaries and rights are respected and everyone leaves the other ones alone. Peace and total harmony are not expected but consideration and kindness are the rules.

• Aneliese says:

My cat Lola would love a world where there are always treats and cars driving and squirrels hopping by the windows. more furniture to tear to shreds.

• Sondra Straitiff says:

I wish for a world with much tougher animal cruelty laws to a point where it would finally give way to a world where animal cruelty and consumption would be unimaginable.

• Kerry says:

A perfect world There would be more cagefree farms where animals could live freely There would be no such thing as yucky animal stores in the mall rather ONLY shelters that are funded by donations govt etc. Better care for everyone at an affordable cost More love! bunnyluv! 3

• Shana says:

My perfect world wish for animals is that we’d learn to speak their languages better than we sort of have already. I’d love to bark along with my dogs as we discussed our feelings for the mail carrier and shared some vegan chocolates since my second perfect world wish is that my puppy loves could know the joy that is chocolate.

• Kate E says:

A world without fear not even a tear A life full of fun and walkscrawlsswims in the sun A smile for each way they make our day A loving place to live for all that they give Food drink and care for the love that they share Happiness and joy and their favorite toy These are my ‘perfect world’ wishes for all animals even the fishes!

• Renee says:

I would like to see a world were we all can live in peace. animals and humans alike. This planet was created for all of us. Its not right that we endanger animals and their hibitat’s to fulfill our own selfish goals. chopping down a forest that was home to many creatures just to make paper. If given a chance all animals will love. we need to how the same respect back!

• Leila says:

I wish for a world where humans reflected on their actions and were more concious of the mess we are creating around us including the environmentthe oceanspollutionopression of animals and humans in various capacitiesand war

• Leila says:

a world where less animals suffer…even 1 less.

• Kate E says:

My perfect world wish for animals is for us to spend as much money lovingly caring for them as we do advertising them as ‘happy’ when that is really the farthest thing from the truth.

• Valerie says:

My perfect world for animals would be one where everyone loves them. No one is cruel to them. No one eats them. Everyone in the world looks out for their wellbeing and only wants the best for them. In a perfect world animals would never be seen as being different from people.

• Erin Tomczak says:

I dream of a world with no fast food establishments and cows and chickens got to live their life out to the fullest extent. And people would become healthy and happier because we wouldn’t be eating so much crap every day.

• Mary L. says:

A perfect world for animals begins when humans start seeing them as equals and treat them with the love respect and awe they are entitled to. In most cases that simply means preserving their environment and leaving them alone.

• Jennifer says:

I would like a world in which humans remember that on the inside they look pretty much identical to the slabs of beef they buy without thinking. Red and squishy? Absolutely. Humans aren’t any different!

• Rachel Castelino says:

I would like a world where people don’t view animals as objects to be used but rather beings to be respected. They should have some legal standing and their interests should be considered and protected.

• Dee says:

I would like a world where all companion animals have a loving home and all wild animals can live in peace.

• Michelle Goodman says:

My Chihuahua mix Zoe would love a world where there was always a sunny spot to lay in.

• paigan butterfield says:

yummy xx

• Alyson Paige Warren says:

My perfect world wish for animals would be the creation ofevolution to a kind concious world. If everyone put more thought into every aspect of their lives that touched animals a crueltyfree movement would be a natural choice.

• Shelly says:

Looks Delicious!

• mairi mackechnie says:

i’m sure my dog toby would think that the world was more perfect if he was able to share chocolates with me. he just doesn’t believe that i’m depriving him for his own good!

• donna Henderson says:

your new in my life. If it wasn’t for the PETA document on hbo I would never have had a clue on the cruality of animals my life has changed for the best thanks to you. It’s been 9 days and my taste buds isn’t missing a thing

• ConstanZA bentancor says:

PLEASe

• Nicole Gomez says:

MMMMMMMM……

• Saffie says:

An animals perfect world depends on the animal’s prefrences. My jack russel would love a world with all the warmest seats and people he can have unlimited food and walks he can choose aswell as cats that dont scare him! Where as my Greyhound would want a world with one huge soft sofa and lots of digestive bisctuits. So my wish is that people treated them how they want and raise them to be true dog not brutes savages or neglected