Vick to Plead Guilty

Written by PETA | August 20, 2007

Vick has admitted his guilt: Michael Vick has accepted a plea deal—with a likely prison sentence—to avoid additional federal charges related to a professional dogfighting operation, one of his attorneys says.We’re still awaiting details, but please know this: if a celebrity with Vick’s money and teams of lawyers has to serve time for dog fighting, then anyone else who fights dogs had better head for the hills. When Vicks co-defendants entered their plea agreements on Friday, yet more details came out about the dogs being hanged by the neck until death. It is chilling stuff, so kudos to the media outlets who covered it without vomiting.This article by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, for instance, is very good in a tough to read way. Here’s a powerful excerpt:

They were hung from trees in the woods behind Michael Vick’s house, eight dogs left there to die, kicking and screaming.The pit bulls had made the mistake of failing the test. They weren’t mean enough, quick enough, strong enough in the ring, so they were of no more use to Vick’s Bad Newz dogfighting operation.Imagine, killing a dog because it’s just too nice.Five of the dogs finally kicked their last breaths away as the ropes cut deeper and deeper into their throats. Three somehow clung to life. Vick and two of his henchmen, growing impatient, cut those three down and one by one shoved their heads into five-gallon buckets filled with water, drowning them to finish them off.Try keeping your breakfast down after hearing that report on ESPN.The inhumanity, the callousness, the abuse of these innocent, helpless animals is almost beyond comprehension.

There is something you can do PETA is pushing the NFL to add cruelty to animals—in all its forms—to its “Personal Conduct Policy.” This case has shown that NFL fans are just as disgusted by cruelty to animals as by any of the other antisocial behaviors outlined in the policy. Click here to contact the NFL now!

Comments

• tina says:

I hope there will be an outcry against countries such as China and South Korea who abuse torture dogs and eat them. Also I hope there is an outcry against the millions of babies with souls who are slaughtered.

• Laura says:

I have been reading about this for weeks. What I want to know is do the Vick supporters actually understand what a plea is? He is going to have to admit to all the horrors that he commited before a judge and in a court of law. He took the plea because it was the easier softer way for him to save his butt. Bottom line even his lawyers could not save him from his horrific actions and from what I have read he had a hell of a legal team. To all the Vick supporters a couple of other things 3 of the eight dogs that were hung for being too nice did not die quickly enough for Michael Vick and his buddies. THEY decided to drown the three remaining dogs by showing their heads in buckets of water. That act alone in all it’s depravity belongs to him. It was his house paid for with his money and his money paid for all the dogs equipment supplies etc. Even his Vick supporters cannot possibly say that any of the other people arrested could afford such expenses. It was Michael’s money plain and simple. Also his dog fighting venue has been going on since 2002 five years or so? To say he didn’t know is a cop out. Also regarding the eight dogs those are the dogs we know about. His dogfighting activity again had been going on for years. How many other dogs how much suffering how many bait animals used unknown. He was seen placing bets on the dogs something that the NFL does not support. He also lied to the NFL and his coach repeatedly. To all the people who say Michael wasn’t hurting anyone but the dogs you are wrong. Often bait animals are used for training and these bait animals are usually stolen cherished family pets. Example another dogfighter was arrested about a week ago and with the dogs officer’s found a box full of kittens about 20 or so and still alive. Thank God. Dogfighting affects everyone. Michael Vick is a 27 year old man. He is capable of making decisions for his life. By saying he just fell in with the wrong crowd is license to exuse his actions. It is like saying “the pitbull ate my homework” and it is crap. He certainly had enough good people around him that had he asked if this was a good idea I am quite sure they would have steered him in another direction. He chose and he is responsible for his choices. I for one will never support his sad cop out excuses. Finally for all the PETA people these Michael Vick supports have nothing left but to claim racism. They also refuse to hear that this is an animal rights organization maybe they just cannot comprehend simple sentences. I don’t know and I don’t care. What I do know is that what he did is beyond illegal it shows a depraved indifference to another living being’s suffering. I do not think he can go to jail for long enough. And I hope that he never plays football again. Dogfighting is depraved horrific and evil. It is now a felony for a reason. Michael Vick has not only brought this horror into America’s living rooms but he is now the face of dogfighting accross America. He is evil pure and simple

• Laura says:

I have been reading about this for weeks. What I want to know is do the Vick supporters actually understand what a plea is? He is going to have to admit to all the horrors that he commited before a judge and in a court of law. He took the plea because it was the easier softer way for him to save his butt. Bottom line even his lawyers could not save him from his horrific actions and from what I have read he had a hell of a legal team. To all the Vick supporters a couple of other things 3 of the eight dogs that were hung for being too nice did not die quickly enough for Michael Vick and his buddies. THEY decided to drown the three remaining dogs by showing their heads in buckets of water. That act alone in all it’s depravity belongs to him. It was his house paid for with his money and his money paid for all the dogs equipment supplies etc. Even his Vick supporters cannot possibly say that any of the other people arrested could afford such expenses. It was Michael’s money plain and simple. Also his dog fighting venue has been going on since 2002 five years or so? To say he didn’t know is a cop out. Also regarding the eight dogs those are the dogs we know about. His dogfighting activity again had been going on for years. How many other dogs how much suffer the number of bait animals used unknown. He was seen placing bets on the dogs something that the NFL does not support. He also lied to the NFL and his coach repeatedly. In all the people who say Michael wasn’t hurting anyone but the dogs you are wrong. Often bait animals are used for training and these bait animals are usually stolen cherished family pets. Example another dogfighter was arrested about a week ago and with the dogs officer’s found a box full of kittens about 20 or so and still alive. Thank God. Dogfighting affects everyone. Michael Vick is a 27 year old man. He is capable of making decisions for his life. By saying he just fell in with the wrong crowd is license to exuse his actions. It is like saying “the pitbull ate my homework” and it is crap. He certainly had enough good people around him that had he asked if this was a good idea I am quite sure they would have steered him in another direction. He chose and he is responsible for his decisions. I for one will never support his sad cop out excuses. Finally for all the PETA people these Michael Vick supports have nothing left but to claim racism. They also refuse to hear that this is an animal rights organization maybe they just cannot comprehend simple sentences. I don’t know and I don’t care. What I do know is that what he did is beyond illegal it shows a depraved indifference to another living being’s suffering. I do not think he can go to jail for long enough. And I hope that he never plays football again. Dogfighting is depraved horrific and evil. It is now a felony for a reason. Michael Vick has not only brought this horror into America’s living rooms but he is now the face of dogfighting accross America. He is evil pure and simple

• Mike Quinoa says:

Kevin boxing is NOT like dogfighting. Boxing is legal. Dogfighting is illegal. Boxing involves 2 consenting and willing participants. Dogfighting is NOT consensual. Boxers and sparring partners rarely die. Bait dogs and fighting dogs invariably die. No dogs are obviously not human if they were they wouldn’t be a dog they’d be a human but humans are a species of animal. And while you value your own life above a dog’s that same dog probably values his life above yours.

• Kerry H says:

Kevin..That is one of the most ignorant and stupid posts that I have read…LOOOL.. Just to point something out to you.. We do not hang boxers from trees when they lose.. Also to all of you who are comparing this to hunting..A true hunter follows the one shot rule.. Meaning if they can’t take the animal with one shot they won’t shoot..Hunters do not shoot the animal in the leg then hang them until they are deadHunters do not electrocute their prey.. Hunters do not torture their prey.. Iam talking about a true hunter here..not some drunk redneck and his buddies out shooting anything that moves.. It is people like you that give the USA a bad name all over the world. I feel sorry for the americans who have to suffer because of it..

• Kerry H says:

BTW.. They did not just kill 8 dogs or dawgs as you ignorant uneducated morons put it They also taped the mouths shut on numerous other dogs not pitbulls and threw them into the pens so that the fighting dogs could get a taste of blood. I suggest that before you throw your moronic ramblings into the mix you do your homework and get all the facts straight.. I also suggest that you do some research into the subject.. You can not debate a subject by regurgitating the local news report..I have read all the posts and I find that the majority of the people who have chosen to bash PETA or anyone else who finds Vicks actions disgusting are of very limited intelligence.Do yourselves a favour and go back to school so that you can actually contribute something to society besides your idiotic views of the world..

• Jen says:

Hey Kevin…wake up! Boxers aren’t beaten starved and drowned when they lose! Just because people are saying Vick should go to jail for abusing these poor DEFENSELESS animals does NOT mean they wish PEOPLE to be treated inhumanely! There are lots of people who don’t treat animals as humans but they don’t TORTURE them either. What about all the animals that SERVE and PROTECT people? I believe there are countless stories of dogs saving human lives during search and rescue efforts. Dog fighting is a SICK PASTIME! AND it is illegal. So if you want Vick off so badly then go ahead a support dog fighting…then you will be a sick person as well…getting entertainment from watching suffering wether human or animal is WRONG…kind of makes you wonder how Vick treats people…I assume no better!

• Susannah says:

For the posters who equate dog fighting with boxing consider this Boxers normally don’t fight to the death and they have a CHOICE whether to fight or not. Dogs are trained to fight to the death and they have no choice or say in the matter. How then can you say it’s the same thing? There IS no defense for ANY kind of animal fighting whether it’s cockfighting bullfighting or dogfighting. Why? Because the animal has no say in it and hasn’t volunteered for the job and furthermore isn’t able to make such a decision so he or she is just a helpless victim being used for the sick pleasure of others. I would bet that no boxer would volunteer either if he thought he’d be killed in the process. Your logic is ridiculous as is your argument.

• rintintin says:

to mike vick is good pete duval and kevin you poor little shadow boxers make me really feel pity for you. is it possible that living beings are on so low a level. here in europe we are really not used to this and it’s actually completely new to me to see such a miserable society clinging to the filthy feet of a monster! i honestly want to ask you from what kind of a society you are the horrible result! i really put a question mark?

• BullyDawg says:

To Anonymous at 822 822 pm I don’t know about PETA but the HSUS campaigns in the inner cities of Chicago against dogfighting and helps educate innercity schoolkids about cruelty to animals. Perhaps PETAKids could start an education program? I’ll email them the idea! To Kevin 823 926 am Boxing is legal because the humans that box CHOOSE to do this. Dogs and other animals don’t think with the same complex level of logic that humans do. No boxer is FORCED to fight and no boxer is put to death because he lost a match.

• Maribel Piloto says:

Kevin boxing is a sport that human beings CHOOSE to engage in for money. They’re not tortured by others and forced to fight. They’re not killed when they loose or can’t fight anymore. They’re not kept in cages. Human females aren’t tied to posts and raped in order to have babies so there can be more boxers. Give me a BREAK about boxing being like dog fighting! Vick is a disgusting cowardly excuse for a human being as is anyone who supports him or dogfighting.

• Josh Depew says:

For all those people out there who want to condemn vick for life or give him the death penalty you should reexamine yourself and your logic because you are making yourself and this stupid PETA organization look as stupid as it really is. Dog fighting believe it or not is a sport and no matter what you and organization does it will still go on. Dont get me wrong i love dogs i have several myself but when my dog dies i can do something i can’t do if my kid dies. GO BUY ANOTHER ONE!!!

• Reno says:

Ingrid’s comments on the Today Show were insidious. When questioned about why PETA was so quick to jump on the bandwagon to condemn Michael Vick before he pled guilty or went to trial Ingrid stated PETA’s response was proper because due to the length of the indictment there must have been some truth in the indictment. Ingrid dear an indictment is NOT evidence of anything not truth not guilt not anything. Indictments contain unproved allegations assembled by prosecutors. Nothing more nothing less. Don’t mislead the public with ignorant comments Ingrid it’s irresponsible.

• Craig says:

Let me first say that I have visited your site in the past few days since PETA wanted Cruelty to Animals put into the CBA for the NFL. Now before you guys go on a rant about how i’m a troll I graduated with a Batchelors of Science from Northeastern University and I also am employed by a pro baseball team in the minor leagues. Now I’m not giving the team name out only because I don’t want PETA rallying in front of our stadium because we don’t serve enough vegan options. Now as for Vick I am disgusted at his actions. He either financed or killed alot of dogs either way he knew about it so he’s guilty. Why did he do this? I’m guessing the social constructs in which he grew up with made it seem like no big deal. It was probably almost a fabric of his society growing up as sick as it is. Now at the same time this is not an excuse hurting anything is wrong yes PETA even hurting humans is wrong too. Michael Vick will be sentenced to 2 years after the plea. He’ll be back on the field for 20102011. Why is this? Money. Everything in society is driven by money and Michael Vick as a running back would make alot more money as Vick the QB. Just to let you guys in a little history Ray Lewis murdered two guys in 2000 where is he now? Considered one of the all time greats in the NFL. The CBA itself is very comprehensive and while Dogfighting is very serious and a prevalent subculture in the NFL this has no need to be in the CBA. These things take years to negotiate and if its regulated under federal law then the offending parties are subject to termination anyways. Thats like me calling up the NFL and ask them to put “It is not okay in any way shape or form to murder anybody”. If you murder someone you goto jail if you Dogfight you goto jail. This whole thing is just capitalizing on the publicity PETA gained by parading outside Goddells office and the Falcons training camp. By commenting further on the actions against Vick its only doing a disservice to everyone involved. Dogfighting is a horrible horrible act I can’t say this enough. But this blog has made me sick I read one comment that the 911 terrorists slit the throats of camels? Is that all you care about? PETA fashions itself to be the moral majority of animals and you know maybe they don’t deserve all the crap they get. While I don’t hate PETA’s ideals I hate the way they go about things. I agree for example in which the way PETA stands against KFC I don’t goto KFC anyways because the chicken sucks but regardless its horrible. Do I eat meat? Yes I do and while i’m not going to rub it in and say I’m proud I will say this animals also have the choice of eating other animals and alot of them do so now does this make them evil? No it’s about surviving however just to show you im not uneducated in your eyes yes I do know that you may be a little bit healthier if you go on a vegan diet. Just never clicked for me its not for everyone and i’m not going to sit here and bash PETA for being vegan its everyones own life choice. What Vick did was wrong he was punished end the conversation about calling up the NFL and hounding Roger Goodell. I’m sure with the federal government calling him 20 different times a day with 20 different complaints he has alot on his plate. Thanks “Craig”

• Kevin says:

People tell me this what sport is just like dog fighting? Hmm…Boxing. But boxing isn’t banned is it. So your putting dogs on a higher level then humans. PETA is so messed up you treat dogs as if they are human beings and there far from it. Humans control dogs and i find Vick only guilty of taking part in killing those 8 dogs. Do you think they just put these dogs in rings and not train them. No there just like pro boxers who train a lot for fights. So all i have to say is you people should stop treating animals as if they are humans your not going to see dogs saving the world in years to come. If anything they will become a waist of space in years to come. I will still remain a true Michael Vick fan.

• observer says:

hey donna read the bible yourself!!!! read where its says that God created all!!! read God’s commandments!!! where does it say that God says its ok to torture kill or destroy any of His creations??? the innocent animals deserve respect just ‘cuz God created them. animals give God glory just as they are!!!! get off your pharisee trip!!!!!!and stop defending a lawfully proven government indicted admitted guilty vicious killer of God’s creation who was racketeering!!!! your beliefs are anti bible and straight from hell!!!!!!!

• Sherry says:

How can I sign the petition against dog fight and anyone involved?

• Jen says:

Lets just take a moment to examine another issue. All of these so called “Vick supporters” are comparing dog fighting to hunting. First of all hunting and fishing are LEGAL!! Dog fighting is NOT! So if you take out the whole cruelty to animals issue…then Vick broke the law and should be punished accordingly. No I don’t think he should die an inhumane death but YES he should go to prison! I for one am tired of athletes getting a mere slap on the wrist when they break the law! As for the inhumane way he treated the animals..from a personal standpoint he is a sick human being. I am a great lover of dogs…my dogs are a part of my family. And I truly feel disgust for anyone who treats ANY animal with cruelty. I do NOT support hunting and never will…however right now in THIS country it is LEGAL! And furthermore unless the hunter is a bad shot the animal is not left to suffer. Sofor all the supporters who are comparing the 2 like apples and oranges..GET A CLUE! Vick abused these animals day in and day out he turned these dogs into savage killers and disposed of the ones who could not perform in the most terrifying and disgusting ways. He could have disposed of them quickly and painlessly…if they were SUCH A BURDEN ON HIS OPERATION! So for all of you dog haters out there…take the time to look at the other issue…HE BROKE THE LAW! Are you NOT tired of all the athletes and celebs getting off EASY!??

• Donna says:

I am surprised that no one has mentioned that Pete Rose was banned from baseball for gambling. What Michael Vick did was gamble support an illegal activity as well as participate in something that most of us agree is morally reprehensible. At the very least he should be banned from football for life. And he should receive the max jail time. He is a role model for millions of kids. Send a message that what he did is not ‘cool’ and that there are consequences for actions. It doesn’t matter if he is black or whitehe participated in an illegal activity and he should be punished

• Joe Erwin says:

In my opinion all beings should be given due consideration and care including Mike Vick and pit bulls. Consider this what Vick did with dogs amounts to a number of deliberate illegal acts that are felonies. He should be prosecuted on all counts that are evident and if he is allowed to cop a plea well that is the system we have. Sadly justice is not the same for wealthy celebrities as it is for the rest of us. Some kinds of hunting are legal and some are not. Attempting to equate an illegal and cruel activity with legal hunting is just an attempt to confuse people. Any celebrity or other person who engages in illegal and cruel hunting practices should also be prosecuted. And it is also the right of people who disagree with hunting to say so and to try to get laws and regulations changed. Don’t be confused. Continue to support efforts to enforce laws against dogfighting and continue to protest when celebrities are allowed to get off too easily.

• ingrid says:

please get off the black issue this men killed dogs period used them as a gambling act and choose to use them as fighting dogs thats wrong he desrves the same treatment that he allowed to be done to the dogs that he owned hung by a tree or killed by putting his head in the water.i wishh people would get off there race issue here if it would have been white green red yellow or any other color of the human race i would have said the same thing get this bad men who has a bad soul of the streets and he deserves the same treatment that he did to those poor animals. period…..

• Richard L Carmack says:

I’m with PETA on this issue regardless of color no one should abuse a domesticated animal they are protected by laws all over this county and no one should be exempt

• Maribel Piloto says:

What a disgusting excuse for a man this Vick is as are ALL people who engage in such a COWARDLY sport as dogfighting. If these individuals want to prove how MACHO they are how about jumping in these pits with the dogs themselves and leaving themselves tied outside in cages to see how strong they are! Pityful excuses for human beings. They should all ROT in prison.

• observer says:

bullydawg hurraaaaaaaaaay!!! you said it man!!!! you’re right!!!these dumb trolls don’t read the posts ‘cuz they don’t want to know what we know!!! these stupid creeps support a federal law breaker and are bullshitters!!!! but hey man they don’t rile me!!! they’re sooooo dumb they have to come here to be reminded they are dumb!!!! right up my alley!!!! they’re even soooooo dumb that they think we care to know how stupid they are with their idiotic comments!!!! hey dumb trolls we know we know already!!! we’re convinced that you’re stupid bullshitting pea brains without a life and don’t know a thing about people or animal life!!!!! your mindless priority is to keep kissing vicks ass!!!!! LOL!!!!!

• Karina says:

Pat Duval We raise our dogs to be racists? WHAT? Did you forget to take your meds when you wtore that? If you believe that dogs could be raised to be racists then I’m definately considering to teach my dog piano! Wouldn’t it be nice for her to play ChopinBrahmsLizt or Rachmaninov? Bet you don’t even know who those individuals are. bet you don’t even know what the hell you’re saying! Sweetygo take some courses at your local community college. It’s only like $75 per credit. You can do it!!! Just don’t forget you medshon.

• mike vick is good says:

i’m sorry to all you dog lovers but you are all sick minded. vick is only guilty for killing those 8 dogs thats it dog fighting should be legal isnt dog fighting the exact same thing as boxing????? yeah i think so…so your putting dogs aka animals ahead of us humans! that is sick dont get me wrong i have a dog a cute chocolate lab but i wouldnt mind being competitive and make it fight it was trained enough i just think its sick that you put dogs on a higher level then humans because dog fighting is just like boxing and another thing if your really interested in stopping all this dogfighting why dont you go to the police and tell them not to target a celebrity yeah i would love to see a police man go through the ghetto and try to stop it there but the police have to target a celebrity and bring down his successful career and all you PETA members get your little high that you get by saving dogs and helpless animals why dont you do yourself a favor and get a life i bet if you saw your house burning down and your dog was trapped in it you would put your life at stake cuz your little puppy is in there i find that sick very sick so all im saying is all you PETA members…get a life you put dogs over humans and thats just wrong and final i will donate 100000$ to the PETA members if i saw someone of this organization go to the ghetto and try to stop the dog fighting in there haha quit targetting celebrities why dont all you precious animal lovers go stop the real people who are making that sport big so once again your all sick and pathetic i think you all need to realize that he grew up around this and its part of who he is and hes jus doing whats natural to him if he wasnt like this hed be at the knees of someone else or be dead so he didnt choose to be a thug i will still remain a true michael vick fan

• Peter says:

Vick hasn’t yet accepted responsibility he has simply plead out to avoid even more charges. It would have ended up far worse for him. I would have preferred to see him tried and convicted for the full range of his actions but in reality there would then still be some who would deny the validity of his “conviction.” So for now his admitting guilt is a compromise and worthwhile. The NFL should ban him permanently as a disgrace to the game. Personally I see jail as far too good for Vick. I would like to see him hanged but then just at the point of his death be cut down. Then I would like to see his head shoved in a bucket of water but then just short of drowning be let out. Then I’d like to see him doused with water and electrocuted but then just short of death be freed. After a day’s recovery the process should be repeated once for each of the eight dogs that he admitted killing. And surely there were far more. For those whom we cannot identify cannot mourn he can go to prison for. And I hope that there are prisoners to welcome him dog lovers perhaps?

• Kerry H says:

I still don’t understand you people who keep bringing human life into this.. This has nothing to do with human life..this has to do with a very public figure..a so called role model breaking the law in a very disturbing..vile and disgusting way..Why do you people accuse PETA supporters of putting no value on human life.. Iam not a member of PETA..but I think that their stand is for people to RESPECT all life..not just human life.. This would include human.. animal..and plant..It is because of IDIOTS like you that the world is such a messed up place.. You would rather destroy a forest for oil and money.. then help rebuild this earth.. There is no argument here at all.. Vick is a sick individual who broke the law and he must pay for his mistakes..End of Story..

• robinF says:

MICHAEL VICK IS A WONDERFUL PERSON. He has given the world a stark reality check of the horror that goes on every day with animals who depend on us to live. Pray that all of the other gangster NFL players who are involvedand there are many are scared shitless. Thank you Michael Vick you cockroach for letting the scum rise to the top. Surprised anyone?? Once a gangster thug always a thug.

• Mike Quinoa says:

Thanks Observer. I’ve been away all day and I just turned on my computer 1015 PM and I can’t believe all the posts. But I fear your Directory of The Dumb is just sucking up too much of PETA’s bandwidth. I can’t believe people are still coddling and defending Vick. Oh…more incoming…the average IQ level of this blog just dropped.

• animal rights activist says:

Anybody who hurts animals deserves to be punished no matter what.he deserves to be hurt like he hurt those dogs.

• shu shang says:

pat duval i don’t need an educator like you! if you have no heart for animals go away from this blog! me i have a heart for the two people and animals and i help people and animals but what vick did is a horrendous crime! i condemn every crime crimes against people and crimes against animals committed by ruthless criminal people! in this case yes i prefer the animal!

• Anonymous says:

IF PETA WANTS TO REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN DOG FIGHTING WHY DON’T THEY COME TO THE HOOD AND LOWER INCOME NEIGHBORHOODS AND EDUCATE FOLK BECAUSE BELIEVE IT OR NOT SOME PEOPLE REALLY DON’T SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH DOG FIGHTING SO INSTEAD OF TRING TO MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF VICK AND CAUSING A RACIAL UPROAR WHY NOT COME TO INNER CITY SCHOOLS AND THE HOOD I.E ATLANTA MIAMI DC DETRIOT HOUSTON NEW ORLEANS AND CHICAGOAND TEACH PEOPLE. I DON’T THINK THEY WILL DO THIS BECAUSE IT WON’T BRING THE CAMERA BUT IF PETA REALLY WANTS CHANGE COME TO THE HOOD THEY WON’T BITE.

• Patti says:

All you animal haters out there. Hope you know how to swim for I would save a dog before a human. Dogs should come first. They are so innocent and we are the ones who bring them into this world. Stop breedings!!!!!

• 007 says:

h. nelson are you for real?! your pseudointellectual arrogant pompous post is a joke at best. yes you have a right to your inane opinions and so do others have the right to challenge it! obviously you’re the one who can’t handle rebuttles! Truth is that LAME comparisons and WEAK arguments such as you opine are really nothing more than nonsensical copycat reiterations borne out of ignorance. IF you can muster up a sincere interest in contributing to these posts then do so by making some sense… or you can keep making a fool of yourself with the rest of the ignorant detractors!

• Anonymous says:

again PETA since you erased my post a white lady in WARNER ROBINS GA had over 100 cats in her home 20 of them dead in a freezer where is the outrage or again is this not high profile enough for you guys to get involved. I thought you loved he animals

• Matty says:

Dog fighting is not like hunting deer or other animals. Dog fighting is not conducted to thin the herds of an overpopulated animal. It is simply a spectacle of a sport that takes advantage of a life. These animals are enslaved to fight to the death. Dear sir dog fighting is not like hunting deer or other animals. Dog fighting is not conducted to thin the herds of an overpopulated animal. It is simply a spectacle of a sport that takes advantage of a life. These animals are enslaved to fight to the death. Are you suggesting that dog fighting should be legal or that hunting should be illegal?

• Ana says:

H. Nelson It does make a difference. I don’t go on the NAACP blog and write about rights for whites or NOW blog and ask what are they doing for men or the KU Klux Klan blog and ask for the rights of blacks Catholics and Jews. This is an animal rights blog greatly interested in improving the lives of all sentient creatures. You would do well on a Catholic blog with your antiabortion stand don’t forget to make a donation on pay pal for their effort. I can’t understand having compassion for the unborn but having none for sentient creatures that are already born. That rationale doesn’t make sense. If killing the unborn is wrong for you why is it alright to kill the already born sentient creatures and why do they not deserve the same protection? All life is sacred.

• Jerry says:

You have got to be kidding me! I read these comments condemning Micheal and it sickens me. Last I checked he is American. You animal activist are to much. A pitbull is just a dog. NOT A HUMAN!!! A DOG!!!! Micheal has agreed to a plea but the facts are still unknown. All we know is three other guys agreed to testify against Micheal. Micheal is guilty of hanging around ungrateful sellouts. Cowards that will do whatever to avoid trouble. Everyone that has posted a comment is guilty of something. We are all sinners in the eyes of God. Jesus died for my sins as He died for Micheal Vicks sins just as He died for everyone living in this world. I pray that Americans can start loving each other like you activist love these dogs. I like dogs but I love people.

• EAS says:

I just heard this morning that Vick would do it again under the right circumstances. I say throw away the key.

• Anonymous says:

It’s not about race at all some people say? Then what do you call the comment above Sweet Bella. I have a Bella Maria” also she’s the smartest most harmless dog ever. However she hates black people. That’s not anything that we taught her. She just decided that on her own. I think she’s quite bright. Posted by audrey August 20 2007 0631 PM And Peta refuses to let anyone point this out? This person claims to have a racist dog and not be responsible to teaching the dog to be a racist. If that’s true about dogs aren’t taught then what about all the stories of pit bulls that attack people? We can say “Oh they weren’t raised and trained properly” right? What about when a dog is trained to hate people based on skin. So either dogs are genetically made a certain way which means with all the reports that pit bulls are genetically attack dogs that should be put down or they are trained poorly for how they act whether they are vicious or racist right? So audrey needs to pick between trained that way or genetically made that way. Why put in any personal information since Peta refuses to let PEOPLE be heard unless it suits them?

• anthony says:

And to Kerry H…Who gives a rat’s ass what Cananda or Canadians think eh? Sorry I couldn’t resist…this comment almost goes against what i said in my last blog.

• anthony says:

i do not think people who are opposed to the harsh punishment wishes from people on this site are necessarily proVick Vick Supporters or what not. Its like the war if you are against the war can you still support the Troops? Most republicansPeta supporters will probably say no. Some people are rational enough to know dog fighting is wrong but also know Vick is getting the raw deal out of all people ever involved in this activity…Activist will defend that they need to make an example out of someone…true…but that still makes it unfair for that individual no matter how you look at it. People who may be labeled a vick supporter are not the ones responding back saying shit like ‘you’ll get yours’ or ‘i hope GOD will punish your family’ etc…Its one’s opinion. thats why we have forum like this to speak our minds. Imagine if this blog was just common thoughts and reactions. The blog would be over by now because of the same stuff being reitterated. I respect the views of others though i think any rational person would disagree to most of the harsh penalties ones are wishing at the moment…dont label me a ProVick just cause I dont agree with some of you. though he is one hell of a player when he’s on the field. He could outrun the pitbulls he trained.

• Ana says:

Ben If you feel that way about PETA why do you blog here??? It makes you look just as ridiculous as your comment. Animal advocates value all sentient life….that’s ridiculous??? BTW hunting is wrong it is immoral violent and cowardly. Killing innocent creatures is not the stuff of bravery or of integrity.

• Judith, Freedom Fighter says:

HEY DUMB ASS ANNA BILL MAHER SITS ON THE BOARD OF PETA YOU CLOWN. GET A LIFE AND LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PEOPLE AT PETA AND HOW THEY WORK ALOT HARDER THAN YOU DO. YOU ARE A REAL CLOWN. A STUPID ONE AT THAT….. HE IS ALSO A VEGAN YOU FOOL. YOU ARE A “TRUE MENTAL MIDGET.”

• Govinda says:

Ben it’s not upto you to decide if a human life prevails an animal life! Every creature has the right for a respectful life and a respectful death! You are one of those miserable creatures who think to be stronger for the moment but let’s wait Ka ching!

• a says:

Ben well most animals are kinder than humans.um mm now go get your gun and go hunting with Dick Cheney.

• A says:

People for the ethical treatment of ANIMALS!!!! You want to go and help other issues instead of yelling at us because we are here to help ANIMALS. Check out some of these websites. They address the other issues so many of you speak of hence the name of the organizations..AntiwarDarfurWorld Vision and End domestic abuse!!! They do no talk about helping animals and get yelled at for not helping animals that is why they are not called anti war for animals! Get it its not that hard to understand! And the last one for everyone who wants to use the race card check out black athletes .com……..I don’t see “the man” trying to keep them down! httpwww.savedarfur.org httpwww.antiwar.com httpwww.worldvision.org httpendabuse.org httpwww.blackathlete.net

• Ben says:

Listen all the people that say this is the same as hunting are idiots plain and simple. What he did is wron hunting is not. But everyone who says that Vick deserves death or what the dogs got are also idiots. Thats one of the many things that is wrong with PETA they value animal life over human life. PETA is the most ridiculus organization I have ever seen.

• unicorn says:

to H.Nelson the point is that I had to hear this song for years in some bizarre churches which are responsible for the distruction of this planet and the ruthless treatment of animals in our societies because of their heart and brainless hundreds of years old indoctrination you blow in the same horn! maybe i do wrong against you then forgive me if you are a so good christian! i love babies too i didn’t abort and have one but I don’t go to an antiabortion blog to tell them to make animalprotection!