Vegan Cookies at Starbucks!

Written by PETA | January 21, 2010
shopvafinest / CC
Lucy's Cookies

The following is a guest post from PETA Living’s Mylie.

Yes, you read that right: Starbucks now has vegan cookies. As if Starbucks weren’t already super vegan-friendly simply by offering soy milk, now it has something that you can dunk in that soy latte. Among a plethora of new healthy snacks it’s carrying, like fruit and nut bars, granola, and fruit snacks, Starbucks is now carrying vegan and allergy-friendly Lucy’s cookies.

When Dr. Lucy Gibney, the mastermind behind these delicious cookies, learned that her child suffers from severe food allergies, she decided to do some serious cookie research to find a recipe that would be safe for her little one to enjoy. What she stumbled upon led her to create her very own recipe for cookie success! What’s even sweeter than vegan cookies at Starbucks? You can now enter to win a case of them in our contest.

So, what are you waiting for? Pick some up today on your lunch break and share our contest on Facebook with your family and friends!

Written by Mylie Thompson

Comments

• Olivia says:

Woohoo! I love starbucks and lucy’s sinnnnfully amazing cookies they will go perfectly with my iced soy latte! And for everyone saying comments about the rodeo Starbucks supported we must celebrate and encourage every little step that the “modern world” takes to become less cruel to animals…baby steps!

• Amanda says:

HOLY BUCK YEAHHHHH! My sister works there and I get this stuff for free! Soooo happy

• Nessa says:

i love starbucks! they are great!

• vegancoin says:

i hope you people don’t really visit those establishments the “vegan” options are always surrounded by loads of dairy rich stupidly named arteryclogging sweets. and i drink their coffee only in extreme “die hard” emergencies. support meat free mondays.

• MeMe says:

I am unfortunately conflicted now! I want to support them because of vegan cookies to let them know that HEY people like a vegan option but like Debbie pointed out what about the rodeo? Kind of Burger King and their veggie burgers.

• carolyn says:

RIGHT ON! MAKES ME WANT TO BUY COFFEE THERE GIVEN THIS NEWS!

• Debbi Grace says:

Vegan? What about Starbucks’ sponsoring of hurtfultoanimals rodeos?

• Rachael says:

Oh wow bring these to the UK soon please Starbucks to go along with the Falafel Panini

• Milly Morabito says:

I think the Starbuck’s thing is just great especially now that they have just added at the Satellite spot I enjoy offers more flavors of caffeine free teas. However I am also diabetic enjoy my sweets will not use artificial sweeteners OR honey so I must carry my own natural name brand. Also I am curious if Starbucks brand makes a sugar free with OUT artificial sweeteners cookieproduct? Just seems that I have to travel far wide to his place or hers I have to bring those things home. What if I just want a good cuppa a few cookies while I’m out? Any options??? We are vegan by choice but I am new at this am still working at the sugar thing nicely watching my numbers go down. Thanks so much. MM

• Andre Inglis says:

Those look soooooo yummy. There is yet another vegan item available to the public. We are certainly taking over!

• Aneliese says:

Cool! Maybe now I’ll start going to Starbucks I hope that it won’t be $5 a cookie.

• Shari says:

This is so great. Just in time for Valentines Day!