Ricky Williams Hosts Faux-Chicken Wing Taste Test

Written by PETA | February 3, 2010

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams already has enough accolades to span two lifetimes—Heisman Trophy, Maxwell Award, and Pro Bowl MVP, to name a few—and after he reigned over our Faux–Chicken Wing Taste Test today, we’d like to dub him an MVP: Most Valuable Palate.

Share on Facebook | Viewing Options
Embed

Ricky Williams

The vegetarian NFL star hosted our event at his restaurant, Proof, in Miami. The winning wings may have been gardein buffalo wings, but considering all the chickens who got to keep their own wings, all the arteries that didn’t get clogged, and all the taste buds that were more-than-tickled, it sounds to me like the party left everyone happy!

Written by Logan Scherer

Commenting is closed.
  • Saucy says:

There is nothing more beautiful on a man then compassion. He exudes kindness and generosity. One of my favorite meals and also my newly veg. boyfriend’s is vegan buffalo wings. Always a special treat. Very tasty! I serve them with pineapple rice or sometimes just with beans or broccoli or plain rice and a chutney dipping sauce. Yummy! All that taste and no cholesterol or hormones. Thank you Ricky for all you do. Go Dolphins!

• Peter G says:

Fantastic! Huge Ricky fan so I enjoyed this. Thanks Peta

• chocx says:

watching peta story on bad slaughter house rep makes me want to keep strictly on halal food only!!!! halal food kills the animal quickly and with least pain..i cant avoid eating meat cos its the natural food chain on earth but i knw i can stop supporting evil methods of slaughter!

• Marnie says:

Come on KFC McDonald’s and the others Here’s your substitute !!

• Jay says:

Make ready the mass production!

• Buck says:

Listen to me you gotta tell ’em… IT’S PEOPLE!!

• Andre Inglis says:

I think Ricky Williams has shattered the misconception that vegans are weak. A great rolemodel for the public Awesome work Ricky!!

• Jane says:

Omigoodness that is a handsome man! And he looks healthy too. With all the bad press about athletes in trouble it is so nice to see a successful athlete who is also a sucessful and good MAN.