Horse Freed From a Small Kennel

Written by PETA | January 17, 2012

After someone with a sharp eye and a kind heart spotted a thin horse confined to a small pen, the person contacted PETA’s Emergency Response Team. We immediately got in touch with the local humane society, which was on the case right away! The horse was rescued from her pitiful little mesh prison and transported to a stable, where she can now walk freely for perhaps the first time in months, maybe even years.

I wonder how many people passed by this horse every day without giving her a second thought. Yet all that her happiness depended upon was the intervention of one concerned passerby. Please, if you see an animal you believe is being neglected or abused, be that one wonderful person who takes a few minutes out of the day to make a crucial difference.

Not sure what to do when you suspect cruelty or neglect? PETA can help.

Comments

• Paulina says:

straszne.popieram

• oxenprincess26 says:

hi i’m a liscensed veterinarian and i was hoping if i cuud adopt a horse coz i also adopted a chesnut mare saved from being euthaized due to her old age…hmmm the problem is i lived in the philippines

• oxenprincess26 says:

i wish i could adopt him so i would have a playmate for my brandy my pet horse but i live in philippines hmmm.. T_T

• Rev. Meg says:

Where was this? I ask because our local animal shelter in Orange County California often takes in horses and I have seen them in pens similar to this. The animals are not visible from the street so to see this one would have to be inside the adoptable animals section of the shelter.

• linda says:

Thank you to all of you who stepped up to save this sweet baby.

• lmh says:

Go PETA! Hope she recovers from her ordeal.

• Sarita says:

Lesson learnt……every animal lover should always keep an eye on animals whenever they pass by them. I am sure atleast some of them are suffering and we could help!

• Karen says:

This picture brought tears to my eyes. How could this have taken so long for a person to help. I am happy for the outcome but heartbroken that this poor creature had to suffer for so long.

• rjwills says:

I love Peta for their good works, compassion and love for all animals. God is working through you and your organization.

• Maryann says:

God Bless PETA for always looking out for animals, God bless the kind soul who took action to help this poor horse, and God bless the humane society for getting the job done as soon as they heard. When will all this cruelty stop? What is wrong with people who feel it is in their rights to hurt these animals, or neglect them? I pray every night that animal cruelty will stop. God bless you all the animal lovers out there in this world.

• EMD says:

Thank you PETA !!!!!!

• Michelle says:

I am glad that someone stepped up for this horse. We had a rescue horse that my husband got from his brother. He was starving. Bones sticking out everywhere. We have two acres and double fed him, but he had other issues and nothing could be done for him. It broke my heart that he had to be put down. Sometimes I wish love and good intentions could be enough, but they are not. God bless the animals.

• Lena says:

Oh, how nice that someone has saved this poor animal. I am very glad that there are such great people. Wonderful!

• CX1313 says:

well done guys!!! Every Live needs love and heart and open eyes!

• Alexia says:

Stroies like this one always shows us that a difference can be made!! So happy that this horse has a proper home..!!!!!!! XO

• Christine says:

i’m very happy for the horse

• berriesandblood says:

How simple and sweet. Thanks for the story. I shared it on facebook and twitter.