Army in the Market to Mutilate 3,600 Goats

Written by Michelle Kretzer | May 23, 2012

The U.S. Army’s plans to use animals in trauma training are enough to make a goat faint. The army is in the market to buy up to 3,600 goats to torment and kill in exercises like those seen in this shocking undercover video, which PETA released last month. The video, sent to us by a brave whistleblower, shows instructors as they saw off live goats’ limbs with tree trimmers and crudely cut open the animals’ abdomens and yank out their organs. Goats moan loudly and kick during the procedures.

Goats are intelligent, inquisitive, social animals who can quickly learn to open latches on farm gates and let themselves out. Moms and kids share a strong bond and have been known to recognize each other even if they have been separated for years.

The Army plans to mutilate thousands of goats even though high-tech human simulators are readily available and offer soldiers superior training in how to treat wounds in the field.

Comments

• stella jocard says:

what the hell is the matter with you people?!!!

• Nicky says:

Outrageous:( Can you please put the email address up for us to send to? the link automatically tries to open an email system on my computer that does not work. i need to be able to send it from my personal email. It will help others too to make a difference. thanks

• Nicky says:

• Greg Wood, RN,CRNI says:

Just another reason not to support the military. Aniaml terrorists

• Shannon Whitney says:

I could not watch this video, reading this makes me sick to my stomach! This is absolutely animal abuse and makes me so mad! What purpose does this serve! I support the men and women who sacrifice their lives for our country, but I DO NOT support this! Thank you to the brave person who brought this to PETA’s attention, I always support anyone who knows right from wrong and knows that torturing these sweet animals is WRONG and it is animal abuse which is ALWAYS WRONG! My email will be sent! PLEASE let us know what else we can do. I will always stand up for 2 things in my life, my kids and animals!

• EVELYN says:

ES REPUGANATE LO QUE REALIZAN ESTAS BESTIAS CONTRA ESTOS ANIMALITOS INDEFENSOS , PORQUE NO HACEN EXPERIMENTOS CON LA POBLACIÓN DROGADA QUE TIENEN EN SU PAIS QUE ES BASTANTE

• Rykie says:

DON’T! Don’t! don’t do these things to animals

• Streetzie says:

I couldn’t bring myself to see this video.The thought alone is deeply disturbing!Is there no end to the escalation of such brutality and madness!Are there no officers or gentlemen in the military forces who will speak against this insanity?!Isn’t there enough atrocity in war to endure that the army should commit such inhumanity just to practice for the kill?! I hope field soldiers would not be misled to such a dishonor and execute their right to conscientiously object! I protest this will all my humanity and sanity!

• addie says:

That is absolutely terrible and disturbing. We should be able to put an end to this nonsense!

• Tina says:

I did not watch the video. The thought alone is very disturbing. I am just dumbfounded at the very cruel actions that are allowed! ……unbelievable…..please, please, stop this

• Mariela McCarthy says:

please this has to stop,these are beautiful animals . they deserve to live. just like humans do.we are their voice!there is no need for this,this is wrong , inhumane, please, please, stop this now!

• Tim says:

horrible..

• Carla says:

How can anyone do this??? STOP THIS NOW!! There is something terribly wrong with the human species!!

• jan roberts says:

OH MY GOD THIS IS BARBARIC! WHO THE HECK DOES THE MILITARY THINK THEY ARE AND WHY ARE WE SPENDING MONEY TORTURING ANIMALS? THIS IS SO WRONG AT SO MANY LEVELS. I SAW THE ONE WHERE THEY CUT OFF THE GOATS LEGS WITH TREE PRUNERS!!! REALLY? AND THE GUYS DOIN IT ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

• armimarketta says:

Stop this cruelty! Armimarketta from Finland

• helga guillen says:

is horrible,how come? a army can be so cruel, the way you treat animals is how you are,if the army is socruel with animals, what they are going to do with humans, is evil, if they do that, they are showing how hearthtless,barbaric,brutal they are, shame on them.

• Le Gall says:

Nier la souffrance d’autrui c’est nier votre propre humanité et la nécessité même de votre existence

• Gabriela Giammarresi says:

Stop the cruelty! This is absolutely unnecessary.

• Laura says:

This is horrible and barbaric! How can we ever hope to spread peace and light in the world when the USA military perpetuates this cruelty? This serves NO purpose at all – it’s just torture.

• natalie says:

Please have a heart!…think of the unbelievable pain. this is not human, what you are doing. please have a heart.

• Michelle McClurg says:

With the technology that we have available today I think it is both disturbing and absolutely barbaric to use live animals with the intent to torture them in the name of training soldiers. If a former soldier (see comment by Jim Lackovich posted 5-23-2012) finds such methods repulsive, doesn’t that say it all. I think we have enough evidence from past soldiers whom come back severely disturbed from what they are both exposed to and forced to do in times of war, to understand that such ‘trauma training’ is both a waste of time and a waste of the lives of innocent animals. Find another way to train soldiers in ‘trauma training’ if you must!!

• Maggie says:

This is inhumane and utterly barbaric. For heavens sake we are not living in the dark ages anymore. These beautiful goats feel pain and terror just like we do. PLEASE, PLEASE STOP this horrendous cruelty against defenseless animals.

• sabina says:

Please stop this. There really is not need for this.

• Nicole says:

This makes me sick! It makes no sense. STOP NOW!

• Margaret says:

The United States make many dubious claims about being a civilized country. This action being taken when there are readily available substitutes is just barbaric.

• Sussie says:

And again they use animals so that fighting Their battles will be easier for them… I got a delivery failure when I sent my E-mail, no detailed description given, just that it failed. Does anyone know anything about this?

• Jenn says:

WHY? I simply ask WHY? Find an alternative to these senseless acts. Truly disgusting. I beg of you to find your moral compass and try to redeem yourselves.

• salli says:

Absolutely disgusting, whats the point!!! and they say USA IS’NT a third world country….well dont act like one, barbaric

• Laurence jaulin says:

“The more helpless the creature, the more he/she is entitled to protection by men from the cruelty of men” Mahatma Ganghi

• mellissa says:

why are they allowed to do this and why isnt someone putting a stop to it,its sickening and cruel and i just cant believe that the people that do this can live with themselves!so so wrong!!!!may these poor babies live with peace and no more pain in the next life,my heart aches for them.

• Marc Irving Weber says:

This is despicable… there is no excuse for this kind of cruelty.

• Diane says:

Please, please stop this inhumane treatment to animals. How can you call yourself a human being and do such things. These are living breathing creatures that feel just like we do. Please stop the torture. Please

• Elise says:

Unbeliveble cruelty! How this is even allowed!

• anshul says:

this is horrible.please stop this cruel malpractice…do not harm goats please

• Rola says:

why not using simulatots?!!!!! no words to describe this, it makes me sick that we are in this century and those f***ers still wanna abuse and torture animals in order to learn. I beleive those guys were tought one thing HOW TO BE CRUEL TO ANIMALS. PLEASE STOP THIS and start using the technology that you spend time on inventing and costs american people millions and millions of dollars

• Klaudia says:

Please stop killing these animals, they don’t deserve it. It’s such a cruelty. Can’t imagine that people do such things. It’s soooo sad ;(

• Serena Vann says:

In this day and age no excuse for doing this to animals!!!!! Shame on you all!!!!!!

• Lana says:

Please STOP doing it! They are innocent, and it’s cruel what you do

• Rhonda Keen says:

I am BEGGING the army to PLEASE stop the torture and suffering of these poor innocent animals. This is so WRONG! Why is this still happening??? I don’t understand how people can be so EVIL!!

• Jennifer Ford says:

This has to be one of the sickest things I have seen in my entire life. PLEASE stop the torture of these innocent animals!!

• Wendy Taylor says:

Stop Killing Helpless Animals !!!

• saurabh says:

human is a same less animal. HOW can anyone be considered a human being that could do something like this? PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!

• Ladan says:

Please stop torturing these beautiful animals. Have mercy on these defenseless creatures!!!!

• Carol says:

Sadists. You spend millions of our tax dollars on technology. You do not have to use live animals to prove anything. Its bad enough you send young men to fight in your unnecessary wars.

• Jennifer Cassell says:

This is truly demonic and disrespectful behavior.

• Mary Harvey says:

Please stop this cruelty and inhumane treatment. Do not disgrace our country!

• Stephan Gervais says:

Stop this TORTURE!!! PLEASE! There is no need to torture innocent animals. We are not at the stone age, we are in the 21st century, lets not be barbarians.

• Kristin says:

• dorene szeker says:

Only our goverment can waist out taxpayers dollors all why needlessly harming these animals. Stop this now!!!

• Kristin Suter says:

This is just ridiculous!! If ***high-tech human simulators*** are readily available, then why is there the need to harm & torture goats????!!!!!!!! This is BARBRIC, INHUMANE, WRONG ON SO* MANY LEVELS, ETC….. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Stop this horrible, useless, cruel malpractice!!! There is NO NEED FOR THIS!!!!