Five Ways to Help Animals on Facebook
What’s the easiest way to stay informed on PETA campaigns, save animals’ lives, and encourage your friends and family to join the fight for animal rights? Facebook! With the simple steps below, you can reach out to your online friends and take meaningful actions for animals everywhere:
1. Head on over to PETA’s official page on Facebook and “like” us!. You’ll get all our up-to-the-minute updates about urgent alerts and new features, plus a chance to comment on our posts and share our links with your friends.
2. Once you’re a fan of our page, be sure to share the link with your friends. Also, be sure to interact often with PETA on Facebook by commenting and liking our status updates, photos, and videos! (Facebook’s News Feed algorithm determines what you see on a few factors: how many friends are commenting on a certain piece of content, who posted the content, and what type of content it is. For animals’ sake, we don’t want to get lost in the mix!)
3. Speak out and “like” content! When reading PETA’s blog, looking at our features, or taking action on alerts, click the Facebook “like” icons to post the link to your wall. Not sure where to start? Reveal Ringling’s elephant abuse by sharing this undercover investigation footage and expose McDonald’s cruelty by sharing the “McCruelty: i’m hatin’ it” video.
4. Don’t be afraid to say what’s on your mind. Every time you log in to Facebook, share your passion for animal rights by updating your status with what you’ve done for animals that day, sharing recipes of your delicious vegan meals, and posting photos of your companion animals. You can also post an animal rights quote right now to inspire your friends to take action!
5. Join a cause or create one about the issue that you’re most passionate about. .The “Causes” platform let’s you raise awareness and financial support for a specific campaign—join our PETA and animal rights causes and, again, invite all your friends to join too!
There’s so much that you can do on Facebook in a single day by sharing content and speaking your mind, so get started today! For more great ways that you can make a difference for animals, join PETA’s Action Team.