Sweet Potato & Tofu DumplingsPrint
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 block tofu, crumbled
- 6 Napa cabbage leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkg. vegan dumpling wraps
- 4 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 5 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. water
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Boil the sweet potatoes in water for 8 minutes, or until tender. Mash and combine with the tofu, cabbage, garlic, 3 tablespoonsful of the sesame oil, and the soy sauce.
- Assemble by placing 1 tablespoonful of the mixture onto each dumpling wrap and folding over. Use a tiny bit of water to seal the edges. If desired, fold in half and bring each end together, creating a rose-shaped dumpling.
- Fry in the remaining sesame oil. When browned, add the water to the pan, cover, and steam for 2 minutes to cook thoroughly.
- Top with the sesame seeds.