Vegan Shepherd’s PiePrint
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/4 cup soy milk or liquid nondairy creamer
- Salt, garlic powder, and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 12 oz. vegan ground beef-style crumbles or cooked lentils
- 1 1/4 cups vegan gravy of your choice
- 1 6-oz. can mixed peas and carrots, drained
- Paprika, for garnish (optional)
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain and mash with the margarine and soy milk or nondairy creamer. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium pan, sauté the onion in the oil until translucent.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooked onions, vegan beef crumbles or lentils, mushroom gravy, peas and carrots, and spices. Pour into a pie pan. Top the crumble mixture with the potatoes, spreading to the edges.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are browned and the crumble mixture bubbles out the edges.
Makes 6 to 9 servings