1 cup dry chunky textured soy protein
2 cups sliced mixed vegetables:
1 tsp. cooking oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. minced ginger
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup water
1 tsp. corn starch
Steamed broccoli floweret, blanched for garnish
Toasted sesame seeds
• Soak chunky textured soy protein overnight. Drain.
• Blanch all the vegetables in boiling water for one minute, and then rinse in cold water.
• In a wok over high flame, add vegetable oil. Add garlic and ginger, cooking until light brown. Add blanched vegetable mix and textured soy protein. Stir-fry for about one minute, depending on desired tenderness.
• Add condiment mix; cook for 1 minute.
• Arrange broccoli around plate. Transfer sautéed vegetables to the middle of serving plate. Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.