2 recipes “Pizza Crust or 2 packages of refrigerated pizza dough
3 cups mixed shredded soy cheeses, including cheddar, mozzarella, and jack flavors
4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan-flavored soy cheese
1 recipe “Pizza Sauceor 1 jar of your favorite pizza sauce
Toppings, including peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, olives, pineapple, mock pepperoni, veggie burger crumbles, sham ham, etc.
2 cups shredded soy mozzarella cheese or “Melty Nutritional Yeast ‘Cheese’”
• Preheat oven to 475°F.
• On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pizza dough. Using a rolling pin dusted with flour, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Place the dough in a well-greased 12-inch perforated pizza pan. Trim the dough with a knife or pizza wheel to fit inside the diameter of the pan. Pierce the dough with a fork every 1/2 inch to prevent air bubbles.
• Prebake the dough for 5 minutes. Remove the crust from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
• Repeat the second step for the remaining uncooked dough, but trim excess dough by rolling a rolling pin over the top edge of the pan to form a lip on the crust. Pierce with a fork as stated above.
• Combine soy cheeses (reserve 2 cups of soy mozzarella for the top) in a bowl and distribute evenly over the dough.
• Place the prebaked crust in the center on top of the soy cheese blend.
• Spread 1/2 cup of pizza sauce to the edge of the prebaked crust.
• Distribute the toppings evenly on top of the crust, starting with “meats,” then vegetables.
• Cover with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella soy cheese.
• Bake for approximately 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
• Remove from the pan, cut, and serve.