2- to 2 1/2-lb. spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise
3 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Scoop out the center of the squash, including the seeds, and discard.
• Place the squash halves face up on a baking sheet, then drizzle the olive oil over the inside of the squash. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
• Place in the oven and cook for about 45 minutes, or until the squash pulls away from the sides easily. Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
• Use a fork to scoop the strands of “spaghetti” from the squash and place in a medium bowl.
• Add additional seasonings or a sauce and serve.
Makes 3 or 4 side-dish servings