1 lb. spaghetti noodles
1/2 cup peanuts
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
4 tsp. distilled white vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 cup water
2 medium carrots, julienned
1/3 lb. (1 cup) snowpeas, sliced
1 cup roasted sesame oil
2 green onions, chopped
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and julienned
• Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions.
• In a blender or food processor, combine the peanuts, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, and water. Blend until smooth and set aside.
• Steam the carrots and the snow peas until tender-crisp, about 7 minutes, and set aside.
• Rinse the spaghetti with cold water and drain thoroughly. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Toss with the sesame oil.
• Add the peanut sauce, carrots, and snowpeas and toss. Just before serving, top with the green onions and cucumber.
Makes 6 servings