For the Cheese:
2 cups soaked macadamia nuts
2 cups soaked cashews nuts
2 cups pine nuts
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. salt
2 tsp. ground white pepper
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
• Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
For the Sun-Dried Tomato Purée:
2 qts. sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 2 hours
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup fresh basil
• Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil in a food processor.
• Pulse in the basil until combined.
For the Pesto:
8 cups parsley, bottom stems chopped off and discarded and leaves roughly chopped
2 cups sage, tarragon, and oregano, mixed and roughly chopped
6 cups walnuts
12 garlic cloves
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cups olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Combine all the ingredients in a food processor until just combined.
1-2 zucchinis, cut lengthwise with a mandolin
1-2 yellow squash, cut lengthwise with a mandolin
3-4 carrots, cut lengthwise with a mandolin
1 fennel, shaved
• Cover a pan with plastic wrap. Layer the zucchinis, “cheese,” yellow squash, carrots, and sun-dried tomato purée, followed by the fennel and pesto.
• Seal with plastic wrap and weigh down for 4 to 6 hours. Slice right before serving.
Makes 24 servings