18 oz. can unsweetended chestnut puree
1 small onion, grated
1 clove of garlic ,crushed
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
Pinch of chili poweder
8 oz. frozen vegan flaky pastry
• To make the filling, mix together chestnut purée, onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, bread crumbs, and chili powder. Let stand for a few minutes to allow it to thicken.
• Set oven to 375 degrees F.
• On a lightly floured board, roll the pastry out thinly and cut into long strips about 2 inches wide.
• Roll balls of the chestnut mixture into “sausages” about the width of a pencil. Dampen the edges of the pastry with cold water, then roll them around the chestnut mixture, pressing the edges together.
• Prick the pastry with a fork, then cut into 1-inch lengths and place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.
Makes 48 rolls