1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/3 cup cashew cream
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
• Steam the cauliflower florets over boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and immediately place in an ice bath.
• When cooled, put all but 1/4 cup of the florets in a food processor along with 1/2 cup of the water, puréeing until smooth.
• Roughly chop the reserved florets.
• Pour all the puréed cauliflower and chopped florets into a medium saucepan. Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1/4 cup of water and add to the saucepan.
• Add the cashew cream, salt, white pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder and stir. Stirring frequently, cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until thick. Adjust the seasonings as needed.
Makes 4 servings