Beer-Basted Tofurky Beer Brats with Caramelized Onions and Hot MustardPrint
- 3 oz. vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled, quartered, and sliced thin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 oz. hot mustard
- 4 Tofurky Beer Brats
- 4 oz. Oktoberfest beer
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the sliced onions. Sauté over low heat until browned, soft, and caramelized. Season with the salt and pepper. Stir in the hot mustard. Set aside.
- On a grill, cook the sausages, basting with beer every few minutes.
- Serve the grilled brats with the caramelized onions.
Makes 8 servings