For Immediate Release:
November 23, 2021
Megan Wiltsie 202-483-7382
Norfolk, Va. – From the group that brought you “Wet Dog” scented candles and “I Told You I Wouldn’t Be Caught Dead in Leather” coffin decals, PETA’s fun, offbeat, and 100% animal-friendly Holiday Gift Shop is better than ever! There’s a cheeky “ugly Christmas sweater” that proclaims, “I Want TOFU on the Holiday Table”; a Holiday Hamper packed with vegan Pepper Fig Salami, Cavi-art, and other goodies for a vegan charcuterie board; and other unique gifts galore for everyone on your list.
Here are just some of PETA’s new unique gifts:
- Dogs can have a very happy Hanukkah with PETA’s gelt dog treats—there’s more than enough for all eight nights! And keep the party going all winter long with gourmet Northern Lights dog biscuits, made with activated coconut charcoal.
- PETA has humans covered, too, with vegan goodies like the Moo Free Advent Calendar, filled with a different delicious dairy-free chocolate behind every door. And for those who like a little spike in their sweets, there are Champagne Strawberry Truffles—a festive way to say “Cheers!” to the holidays.
- Shopping for kitty? Make her the queen of the club with the DJ Cat Scratcher—purrfect for keeping her claws in tip-top condition. Or get her guardian a copy of PETA President Ingrid Newkirk’s new book, 250 Vital Things Your Cat Wants You to Know, a must-have guide for understanding “Catese” and creating a cat-friendly home.
- Know someone crafty? Give them a Sheep Crochet Kit so that they can create their very own plush pal out of yarn that’s wool-free—so it’s kind to real-life sheep, too, who often get badly cut during shearing.
- Is PETA selling “pigs in a blanket”? Yes, our fluffy throw lets nappers cuddle up to their very own Babe. And if a creature is stirring on Christmas Eve, it might just be the one on PETA’s cute mouse pillowcase, keeping sleepers company on long winter nights.
- Some quirky gifts of Christmases past are still available, too, including our handy “Caution: Cat Vomit” signs and the Truly Tasteful Tofu Collection, featuring an air freshener and a candle that smell just like tofu—meaning unscented!—so get them while they last.
“Whether you’re shopping for a vegan gourmand or playing Santa for your dog, PETA’s catalog is a one-stop shop for all your humane holiday needs,” says PETA Senior Vice President Colleen O’Brien. “Best of all, buying one of these unique gifts helps support PETA’s lifesaving work for animals, so you’re making the season merrier for everyone.”’