PETA Campaign Encourages Residents to Be Kind to Animals—and Their Own Bodies—With Vegan Foods
For Immediate Release:
July 31, 2017
Brooke Rossi 202-483-7382
Oklahoma City – PETA is bringing the heat to the conservative Oklahoma City area this summer with an eye-catching ad campaign featuring a woman’s bottom in a bikini and the words “Dive Into a Vegan Lifestyle This Summer.” The sidewalk ads, which went up this week at 10 locations near pools and other watering holes, aim to inspire residents to improve their health and reduce their waistlines by going vegan.
“Choosing nourishing and delicious vegan meals is a simple way for everyone to save animals’ lives and get that sought-after bikini body,” says PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “PETA’s cheeky ads will motivate Oklahoma City residents to shape up by eating grains, beans, veggies, fruits, and nuts—and skipping cholesterol- and fat-laden meat and dairy foods.”
PETA—whose motto reads, in part, that “animals are not ours to eat”—notes that each person who goes vegan spares more than 100 animals every year daily suffering and a terrifying death in today’s meat, egg, and dairy industries. While vegans obviously have big hearts, studies show that they have healthier ones, too. In addition to having a lower risk of developing heart disease, vegans are less prone to suffering from cancer, diabetes, and obesity and, on average, are fitter and trimmer than meat-eaters.
The sidewalk ads can be seen at the following locations:
- 199 S. Mickey Mantle Dr., southeast and southwest corners, Oklahoma City
- Barnett Field Splash Pad, 2 N. Story and 880 W. Main St., Edmond
- Bricktown Beach, 209 Flaming Lips Alley and 98 S. Mickey Mantle Dr., Oklahoma City
- Edward L. Gaylord Downtown YMCA, 48 N.E. Fourth St. and 55 N.W. Fourth St., Oklahoma City
- Foster Center Pool, 606 N.E. Fourth St., Oklahoma City
- Mitch Park YMCA, N. Kelly and Prairie Village Drive and 1784 W. Covell Rd., Edmond
- Myriad Botanical Gardens’ Thunder Fountain, 301 and 399 W. Reno Ave., Oklahoma City
- North Side YMCA, 10048 and 100050 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Oklahoma City
- Pelican Bay Aquatic Center, 1099 and 1161 S. Bryant Ave., Edmond
- Rankin YMCA, 1201 S. Rankin St., Edmond
For more information, please visit PETA.org.