Whether it’s for the plentiful footwear options, the inspiring home decor, the totally airport-ready arm swag, or the in-store parties (frequently open to the public), vegan retailer MooShoes is the one-stop shopping destination for all your summer needs—so much so that we’ve compiled 14 of our favorite reasons why we’ll be stopping by the boutique this season. The following are just some examples of sweet summer staples that you can find in its online store or friendly storefronts if you’re in the New York City or Los Angeles areas:
1. As expected, MooShoes has shoes for days. And not just any old shoes—we’re talking ones made with recycled rubber and plastic bottles, vegan leather, and vintage clothing. These babes from Insecta Shoes are sure to give you a case of happy feet.
2. “Vegans are magical.” Why yes, we actually couldn’t agree more! This BEETxBEET tee lets your shirt make all the introductions for you.
3. Got a date in the city? Looking for the perfect transition from the office to happy hour? Just feel like walking around your house in a hot pair of heels? These Olsenhaus pumps are here for you.
4. These Herbivore buttons are the perfect little bit of extra for your outfit or handbag to let everyone in reading vicinity know that our compassion for animals is loud when we get quiet and really listen.
5. Something about jelly shoes puts us back in the shoes of our inner 6-year-old, and that can only be a good thing. These Melissa x Campana versions are no exception.
6. Bucket bags have been all the rage for quite some time, and from the looks of this supple vegan leather Sora bag by the good folks at Matt & Nat, this trend isn’t letting up anytime soon.
7. The summer heat most definitely means summer barbecues. MooShoes has you covered with smoky, flavorful recipes to impress all your friends, no matter what they eat.
8. Planning an adventure into the great outdoors? Don’t forget to pack all your essentials in this versatile pack from Lee Coren:
9. School may be out, but that doesn’t mean you’re completely off the hook from hitting the gym every now and again. These Veja sneakers will make your workouts a lot more fun.
10. Afterward, slip into these BC Footwear slip-ons in vegan leather for a casual night out on the town:
11. Vegan because you’re passionate about saving animals, yourself, and the planet? Then this “Vegan for a Better World” artwork is bound to look fabulous in that swanky kitchen of yours.
12. Not as excited about the summer because you still have tons of work meetings to attend? At least you’ll look fabulous en route. This Kobe Modern Briefcase from Tokyo Bags is your perfect travel companion.
13. The secret to success is adaptability (it’s a good starting point, anyway)—which is why you can’t go wrong with this convertible belt bag from Hipsters for Sisters, perfect as a belt bag, cross-body, or clutch!
14. Have a soft spot for Birkenstocks? Find yourself daydreaming about a completely animal-friendly version? Daydream no more, sandal queen. MooShoes has those, too.
We told you it had it all. What are you waiting for? Get your MooShoes on and get ready for summer. You can also shop in store at these locations:
3116 Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
78 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002
Want more compassionate lifestyle news? Sign up to have our PETA Living E-News delivered to your inbox once a week.
All fields in bold are mandatory.