There’s no shortage of great vegan options available at Mendocino Farms, where you can get hearty sandwiches and fresh salads without harming animals. The fast-casual chain takes it up a notch by offering vegan proteins such as baked tofu, smoked tempeh, and even vegan corned beef from Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Deli. In addition to the year-round staples, the chain often features seasonal specials like the Unreal Reuben and the Lemongrass Spring Roll Salad.
Here are the vegan options at Mendocino Farms:
- Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Reuben: This Reuben comes stacked with vegan corned beef from Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Deli, apple and celery root slaw, pickles, and smoky Thousand Island dressing on rye bread. To make it vegan, order it with no cheese or sub with vegan cheese. (It’s available until February 10.)
- Mendo’s Smokehouse Tempeh Sandwich: This toasted sandwich with BBQ house-smoked organic tempeh, mustard pickle slaw, tomatoes, pickled red onions, and vegan aioli on ciabatta is already vegan without any substitutions.
- Vegan Banh Mi: A Vietnamese classic, it comes with organic marinated and baked tofu, vegan aioli, sweet chili sauce, housemade pickled daikon and carrots, cucumbers, jalapeños, and cilantro on panini-pressed ciabatta.
- Avocado & Quinoa Superfood Ensalada: This hearty salad consists of chopped romaine, curly kale, quinoa and millet, housemade “superfood krunchies,” red onions, cilantro, grape tomatoes, avocado, and black bean, roasted corn, and jícama succotash, topped with a chipotle vinaigrette. Make it vegan by requesting no Cotija cheese.
- Mama Chen’s Chinese Chicken Salad: This crunchy salad comes with napa cabbage, kale slaw, carrots, bean sprouts, baby spinach, chopped romaine, scallions, and toasted cashews, with a miso-mustard sesame vinaigrette. Ask for marinated, baked tofu instead of chicken and no wontons to make it animal-free.
Customize your sandwich with any of the following vegan bread options:
- Gluten-free bread
- Plant-based brioche bun
- Pretzel roll (not vegan at Texas locations)
- Rustic white
- Sesame roll
- Whole wheat tortilla
Deli Sides and Soups
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
- Curried Couscous
- Healthiest Side Salad Ever
- Vegan Potato Salad of the Week
View this post on Instagram
I went to lunch with @girlwholovesny last week at @mendocinofarms and was really impressed with the vegan options! We shared their seasonal Heirloom tomato & smoked Tempeh sandwich and side salads: spicy couscous, beet veggie, potato, and quinoa corn. We both absolutely loved the smoked tempeh on the sandwich but weren’t huge fans of the buckwheat bread paired with those fillings. I also loved the potato salad and couscous salad, though I would prefer if they didn’t add cayenne to the couscous… It was spicy for me! Overall I really enjoyed the food but Mendocino Farms really needs to do some work on how they both perceive animals and support animal abuse— they actually have images of animals on the walls designed with cuts around their bodies to depict parts of their flesh to eat. They also have a sign on a tip jar that says “tipping is not just for cows”.. GROSS. I’m thankful for the vegan options and good service but the company itself needs to do some reflection and re-branding. • • • • #healthyfood #vegan #veganfood #veganfoodshare #vegansofig #veganfoodporn #plantbased #whatveganseat #veganeats #govegan #tempeh #healthysnacks #poweredbyplants #foodie #nomnom #foodlover #foodstagram #plantbasedfood #veganpower #plantpowered #bestofvegan #veganfoodie #salads #mendocinofarms #healthyveganfood #ocvegan #plantbaseddiet #veganmeal #vegansofinstagram #healthyvegan
Looking for more vegan eats at your favorite chain restaurants? We have you covered. Many chains are now offering a variety of delicious vegan options, so there’s no better time to make the transition.