God is love, so it’s no surprise that eating animals isn’t His preference. The following are Bible verses that prove it:
1. “And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” —Genesis 1:30
2. “But Daniel resolved that he would not defile himself with the royal rations of food and wine … Then Daniel asked … ‘Let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink.’ … At the end of ten days it was observed that they appeared better and fatter than all the young men who had been eating the royal rations.” —Daniel 1:8, 11–12, 15
3. “The wolf and the lamb shall feed together; the lion shall eat straw like an ox; but the serpent—its food shall be dust! They shall not hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain.” —Isaiah 65:25
4. “But ask the animals, and they will teach you; the birds of the air, and they will tell you.” —Job 12:7
5. “The righteous know the needs of their animals, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.” —Proverbs 12:10
6. “He gives to the animals their food, and to the young ravens when they cry.” —Psalms 147:9
7. “I will make for you a covenant on that day with the wild animals, the birds of the air, and the creeping things of the ground; and I will abolish the bow, the sword, and war from the land; and I will make you lie down in safety.” —Hosea 2:18
8. “How long will the land mourn, and the grass of every field wither? For the wickedness of those who live in it the animals and the birds are swept away, and because people said, ‘He is blind to our ways.'” —Jeremiah 12:4
9. “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God’s sight.” —Luke 12:6
10. “Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your judgments are like the great deep; you save humans and animals alike, O Lord.” —Psalms 36:6
11. “Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy.” —Matthew 5:7
If these quotes inspired you to be merciful, share this page on Facebook!
Are you a compassionate Christian? Please visit JesusPeopleForAnimals.com.