Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 does something few films have ever done: It takes moviegoers on an emotional rollercoaster while exposing the evils of animal testing to a Marvel-size audience. PETA is thrilled by this powerful story about the lives of animals used in experiments, and we’re glad that it’s having a profound impact on audiences. Many people online are even comparing scenes in the film to shocking videos of real animal testing released by PETA.
People on Twitter Are Pointing Out the Ties Between PETA and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
1. This person was moved to tears. PETA was waiting with tissues in the parking lot.
2. This guy knows PETA’s brand.
3. This person is asking all the right questions.
— David R. Owens (@DROwens901) May 7, 2023
4. This person can rest assured that PETA has director James Gunn on its radar.
We NEED to report James Gunn to PETA for #guardiansofthegalaxyvol3 💀🥲
Otherwise, beautiful movie. Just wish they utilized the villain a little more, and actually had consequences. 8/10.
— Thulani (@luckyy_dragon) May 8, 2023
5. This person was inspired to start taking action for animals with PETA after seeing Guardians 3.
— Ryan Senaga (@ryansenaga) May 6, 2023
6. We stayed up all night waiting for this person’s call.
— kelsey orr (@kelseytayorr) May 5, 2023
7. “If you cry during PETA commercials, this movie may trigger you.”
Great movie. Beware if you cry during PETA commercials, this movie may trigger you.
— TeeMac (@temaculim) May 5, 2023
8. PETA fights for animal rights in every dimension, universe, reality, and timeline.
Do they have PETA in the multiverse??
— Danielle Thee Callipygian (@Danie_IsTired) May 5, 2023
9. One person had a bold prediction about how audiences would react.
If you’re an animal lover or a PETA supporter, #GuardiansOfTheGalaxyVol3 will be your new favorite movie for sure
— Robert Butler III (@DirectorRB3) April 28, 2023
10. This person had PETA raising its glass to James Gunn.
“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3:” To give credit where it’s due, cheers to James Gunn for conning Kevin Feige into financing the longest, most expensive PETA ad ever.
— Glenn Kenny (@Glenn__Kenny) May 5, 2023
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 imagines a future in which animals can live in peace—and PETA is actively working to achieve that by promoting animal-free research methods that, unlike so many animal experiments, could actually result in treatments and cures for human diseases. Fly into theaters to see this powerful story.