While Father’s Day might evoke thoughts of gadgets, golf clubs, and tools for grilling, not all pops are cut from the same shop cloth. Some dads have kids of the four-legged variety, and they deserve to be honored for giving tummy rubs and playing fetch—even when twisting the top off a bottle of beer with some friends sounds much more appealing.
Dads, we know you love your furry kids, and they love you, too. So, this Father’s Day, we want you to show off your adopted animals and tell everyone that you’re one #ProudRescueDad.
For a chance to be featured on our website, post a photo of you with your adopted animal companion by following the simple steps below and let us know that you’re a #ProudRescueDad. (Note: By sending your photo or photos to PETA via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, you’re acknowledging that you have read and you agree to our terms of submission.)
1. Create a cool sign.
Write, “This is (insert animal’s name), and I’m (his/her) #ProudRescueDad” on a piece of paper. Make it as creative and as personal as you’d like—the sky is the limit!
2. Indulge in a mini photo shoot.
Snap a photo of you with your animal next to the sign. If you’re not one for selfies or your animal companion isn’t one to sit still, use an adorable photo that’s already on your camera roll and add the text from step one afterward.
3. Tell the world that you’re a #ProudRescueDad:
- Facebook: Post the photo on your page and tag PETA with #ProudRescueDad and #AdoptDontBuy. Be sure to tell your friends why you’re proud of your rescued animal.
- Twitter: Tweet the photo and tag @PETA with #ProudRescueDad and #AdoptDontBuy.
- Instagram: Tag @PETA when you post your photo, and be sure to include #ProudRescueDad and #AdoptDontBuy.
Happy Father’s Day to ALL the dads out there!
Inspired to help animals?