Written by Tiffany Rose
It’s official: The world is smitten with Okja, the Netflix original movie that follows Mija, a young girl who risks everything to prevent her best friend, a massive super-pig hybrid, from being slaughtered for food.
This film is a game-changer, y’all—just check out these reactions to see what I mean! Okja is available on Netflix, which means it’s the perfect film to screen while you host a movie party and get your friends thinking about who is on their plate. (Bonus points if you have a projector and can watch it outdoors. The cinematography is gorgeous.)
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Order one of PETA’s free vegan starter kits for each of your guests.
- Prepare some delicious vegan snacks.
- Print out PETA’s infographic with information about animal agriculture so that you’ll have it handy to reference.
- Purchase a couple of boxes of tissues for drying tears.
- Send your guests the link to sign PETA’s pledge to try vegan.
So sit back, enjoy the film, and rest easy knowing that by getting friends and family to watch the film, you’re making a difference.
Remember: Eat okra, not Okja!
Have you read Free the Animals? It’s the amazing true story of the Animal Liberation Front! It reads like a suspense novel, with riveting accounts of daring rescues of animals from experimenters, fur farms, and factory farms. It’s a book that you won’t be able to put down—or forget.
Want to do more to help animals?