Mattel should be teaching children to be responsible animal guardians, not to bring more animals into a world already bursting at the seams with unwanted ones. Every puppy born takes a home away from one in a shelter. Companies listen to the public: Help us get the Barbie Newborn Pups doll pulled from shelves.
- Contact Mattel publicly on social media. Let everyone know that Barbie is promoting dog breeding.
- Take action by texting BARBIE to 73822 to send an automatic e-mail to Mattel. Then share this image with everyone you know:
- Call Mattel at 1-800-524-TOYS (8697). Press 1, then 3 to speak to a representative. (The product number is FDD43.) Need talking points? Try the following:
- There is no such thing as “responsible breeding.” Millions of lost and unwanted animals enter shelters annually, and roughly half must be euthanized for lack of suitable homes. Many others suffer and die on the streets, neglected and forgotten.
- Barbie should use her platform to be a compassionate role model for children, not teach them to exacerbate the homeless-animal crisis and exploit animals for profit.
After your call, please let us know how it went.