2 Tbsp. olive oil
8 large flat mushrooms
1 chopped onion
1 crushed garlic clove
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 8-oz. can chopped tomatoes with herbs
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup diced pecans or pine nuts
1/2 cup soy parmesean
• Preheat the oven to 375°F.
• Use a small amount of oil to grease a shallow baking dish large enough to hold a single layer of the mushroom caps and set aside.
• Remove the mushroom stalks, chop, and set the caps aside.
• Sauté the onion, garlic, and mushroom stalks in the oil until lightly browned. Stir in the oats and sauté for another minute. Add the tomatoes and hot sauce.
• Arrange the caps with the hole side up in the prepared baking dish. Divide the stuffing mixture between them and layer on the nuts and soy cheese.
• Bake for 25 minutes, allow to cool, and serve.
Makes 8 Servings