Sia Goes Vegan, Shines Bright Like a Diamond
We’ve known that Sia Furler is kindhearted ever since she helped take a bite out of animal homelessness:
So it wasn’t all that much of a surprise (but still pleasant!) to hear that she’s going vegan:
@HectorRochas I will! I'm fully vegan now!
— sia furler (@Sia) May 12, 2014
We’re sending Sia some vegan goodies to make going completely animal-free as fun and sweet as she is.
In other celebrity news:
- Are vegan baked goods the next big thing? The sharks on ABC’s Shark Tank seem to think so. On last Friday’s episode, the vegan cinnamon roll gurus behind Cinnaholic, Florian and Shannon Radke, had shark Robert Herjavec so convinced that he made a $200,000 investment in the company. (You’ll also be happy to know that the sharks swimming in the tanks on the show’s set are computer generated.)
- Another vegan-pastry entrepreneur got a sweet surprise when she attended a taping of The Queen Latifah Show. Queen Latifah handed her $1,000 to help her move her budding business from her kitchen to a commercial spot. Is the Queen thinking about going cruelty-free? She’s certainly enjoying animal-friendly food:
— Queen Latifah (@IAMQUEENLATIFAH) May 7, 2014
- Our buddy Lance Bass did a hilarious take on a gag gift from the ’90s, the Big Mouth Billy Bass, on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. Affixed to a mantle to pose as a fish turned into a trophy, the compassionate crooner performed the appropriate tune “Take Me to the River” and begged, “Take me to the river. Drop me in the water.”
- If you aren’t following Esther the Wonder Pig on Twitter and Facebook, you’re missing out. This darling girl and her two adopted dads are inspiring people all over the world―including all of us at PETA.
— Esther TheWonder Pig (@EstherThePig) May 9, 2014
- And if you needed even further proof that pigs are among the most beautiful animals on the planet, Ricky Gervais has it covered:
Have a great day pic.twitter.com/0XddnSoXii
— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) May 7, 2014
- Cue the “awww”s: In an interview with HGTV, actor Elaine Hendrix said that she chose her home because the sunroom was perfect for her two rescued cats and the large backyard and pool were ideal for her three rescued dogs. She even demonstrated how to give your dog a relaxing massage. To thank Elaine for being a shining example of the kind of guardian every animal deserves, PETA sent her some toys and treats to make playtime with her companions even more enjoyable.
- We’ll leave you with another reason to adore Kellan Lutz. During an interview for his upcoming movie Tarzan, Kellan talked about protecting primates, fighting fur, and how animals are his friends, adding, “I’m an advocate for any animal that is treated inhumanely.”
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.