Risotto With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
3 cups faux chicken broth (try Osem or Telma brands, available in the kosher section of supermarkets)
3 cups water
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup rice
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
2-3 Tbsp. nondairy parmesan “cheese” (try Soyco’s Soymage at galaxyfoods.com)
• Mix broth with water and set aside.
• In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent. Add the rice and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice crackles and starts to brown.
• Add 1 cup of the broth/water mixture and the pepper, stirring constantly until all moisture is absorbed—about 5 minutes. Add the sundried tomatoes, basil, and parsley.
• Continue adding 1 cup of liquid at a time, stirring constantly until all moisture is absorbed before adding the next cup. When the final cup of liquid is absorbed, the rice should be slightly firm but tender, not crunchy.
• Stir in the nondairy parmesan “cheese” and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Commenting is closed.
In This Section
Anita Krajnc | Toronto Pig Save