1. Because if you’re cold, they’re probably cold, too.
2. Because dogs can fall ill or even die when left outside in cold temperatures.
3. Because salt, antifreeze, and other chemicals can make dogs sick if they ingest them.
4. Because snow can hide scents and make it more difficult for dogs to find their way back home.
5. Because water and food can freeze solid, leaving dogs thirsty and hungry.
6. Because dogs want to live here:
7. Because puppies, elderly dogs, and dogs who are sick cannot tolerate the cold as well as healthy, adult dogs.
8. Because dogs who are kept outdoors can be neglected and even forgotten. They are often deprived of adequate food, water, and veterinary care—and their emotional and social needs go completely unmet.
9. Because even with a doghouse, straw bedding, food, and water, freezing temperatures can be fatal.
10. Because dogs should be treated as family members. They want and deserve to live indoors with the rest of the family.
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.