The Sex Acts That Make Ron Jeremy Cringe
Who does adult-film icon Ron Jeremy think is a pervert? That would be the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which is currently funding dozens of creepy sex experiments on animals. Jeremy was so appalled when PETA told him about the experiments that he dashed off a letter to the NIH on PETA’s behalf urging it to halt the tests right away.
“As you can imagine, it takes a lot to shock me,” Jeremy writes in his letter. “[B]ut my friends at PETA managed to pull it off recently when they told me that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) is spending millions of dollars each year on sick sexual-behavior experiments on animals.”
What kind of experiments would Jeremy dub “sick” and “twisted”? Here’s just a sampling:
- Johns Hopkins University cut all the skin off live mice’s and rats’ penises, electrically stimulated the organs for five minutes, and injected the animals with chemicals to see if they could sustain an erection.
- Boston University drilled holes into female mice’s skulls, burned lesions into their brains, and recorded the amount of time the mice spent sniffing male rats’ urine samples. The animals were then killed.
- The University of California–Berkeley cut holes into female hamsters’ skulls, pumped hormones into their brains, sexually stimulated them with brushes, and measured their sexual receptivity.
- The University of Michigan blocked rats’ ability to process sexual pleasure using chemicals, observed the animals copulating, and measured how withholding sex increased the rats’ interest in amphetamines.
- Texas Woman’s University removed rats’ ovaries, injected the animals with antidepressants and sex hormones, and observed their sexual behavior.
“When people across the country are struggling to meet rising health-care costs, why is the NIH putting up millions of dollars to fund hard-ons for rodents?” Jeremy asks.
Good question! You can join Jeremy in helping to stop these cruel and pointless experiments by writing to the NIH and telling it to get out of the porn business.