Nothing says fall quite like pumpkin! Treat yourself this season with these delicious pumpkin doughnut holes. They pair great with your morning coffee or a big glass of almond milk. Enjoy!
Vegan Pumpkin Doughnut Holes
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 flax “egg” (1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds + 3 Tbsp. water)
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. puréed pumpkin
Optional doughnut coating:
1/4 cup sugar + 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup vegan margarine, melted
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
• In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
• In a separate bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, brown sugar, flax “egg,” almond milk, vanilla extract, and pumpkin.
• Combine the two mixtures in one bowl and stir until well combined.
• Pour evenly into a mini-muffin tin. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
• Optional doughnut coating: After your doughnuts have cooled, dip each doughnut in the melted margarine, then roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.