How Billy Bob Thornton Saves More Than 100 Animals Every Year
Without looking for praise, Billy Bob Thornton quietly started saving animals, helping the environment, and protecting his health. Asked how he liked filming in Calgary, Alberta, for his highly anticipated upcoming series, Fargo, Billy Bob answered that he’s been enjoying all the health-food stores―since he’s vegan. And even though he wasn’t looking for a pat on the back, PETA sent him kudos anyway, along with cookbooks full of delicious new recipes to try.
In other celebrity news:
- Emma Stone wowed at the Paris premiere of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in a vegan-leather dress by Lanvin. (Click to see photos.)
- We knew that Kevin Spacey is the guardian of two rescued dogs, but we were still pleasantly surprised last week when he grabbed an opportunity to speak out publicly about adoption. He was being rushed into an event by his handlers when a reporter called out and asked him if he considered himself an avid advocate for rescuing. Kevin stopped, turned around, and emphatically said, “Huge,” throwing in a plug for one of the shelters he adopted from, even as he was being pulled away.
- Adoption advocate and vegetarian Kaley Cuoco Sweeting is tweeting seals right. At the start of Canada’s annual seal slaughter, she was quick to let everyone know that bludgeoning and live skinning is never humane:
- And Grammy-winning songwriter Diane Warren used her way with words to help seals, too.
- Laura Vandervoort is also tweeting to help marine mammals. Ahead of her upcoming anti-SeaWorld ad, she posed in PETA’s “SeaWorld Kills” tee and let all her fans know where they can score their own.
- Randall of “Honey Badger Don’t Care” fame left little doubt for his Twitter followers about where he stands on the issue of horse-drawn carriages—and where they should stand as well.
- And we don’t know about you, but we would absolutely donate to Lena Dunham’s Kickstarter fund:
To keep up with what all your favorite stars are doing for animals, follow @PETA on Twitter.