January 21, 2022
Dogs may only be tethered under certain circumstances.
Section 81.26 Animals
Proper Care of Animals
- Access to proper shelter and protection from the weather.
- Minimum pen size is 10 x 10. An additional 50 ft. is required for every additional animal included in the pen. Minimum height is 6 feet.
- Sufficient food and water to keep them in good health and comfort.
- The opportunity for vigorous daily exercises.
- Veterinary care when needed to prevent suffering and provide humane care and treatment.
- Rabies vaccination.
- Pen shall be properly cleaned.
Carcasses, debris, food waste and excrement are removed from an animal’s living space (including pen and shelter) with sufficient frequency, (no less than once a day) to minimize the animals contact with the above mentioned contaminants.
- Chains are prohibited. If you wish to tether your animal you must use a tie-out at least 15 ft. long and long enough for the animal to have access to food, water and shelter.
- Dogs shall not be tethered when penned.