Tethering is permitted with certain restrictions.
Sec. 10-8. – Animal care.
(e) Restrictions on a dog that is tethered:
(1) A tethered dog must have access at all times to water, adequate shelter, and dry ground.
(2) If there are multiple dogs, each dog must be tethered separately and each dog must have separate food, water, and shelter.
(3) A dog must be tethered in such a manner as to prevent injury or strangulation and the tether must be at least ten feet long.
(4) The tether must be attached to the dog by a properly fitting collar or harness with a rotating toggle attachment. Pinch, prong, or choke collars shall not be used. The tether shall not wrap directly around the dog’s neck.
(5) No dog may be tethered in the case of extreme weather conditions, including when a heat advisory, a wind chill warning or tornado warning has been issued by local, state, or national authority.
(6) No dog shall be tethered within 200 yards of a school.
(7) No person shall permit at any time a tethered dog to bark, whine, howl or make excess noises so as to cause a nuisance.