December 5, 2012
Dogs may not be tethered for more than four consecutive hours or between sunset and sunrise. Unaltered dogs may not be tethered. Dogs may not be tethered unless the owner or responsible person is also on the property.
E. Chaining or tethering dogs.
(1) Dogs must be able to move freely when chained or tethered. The size of the tether or chain must be a minimum of 15 linear feet and shall be tangle free. The placement of the chain or tether must be such that the dog is confined to the owner’s property. Dogs must be equipped with properly fitted harness or buckle type collars. The chain or tether must be made of light-weight, yet durable material.
(2) A dog house must be accessible to any dog that is chained or tethered.
(3) Dogs that are not spayed or neutered are not permitted to be chained or tethered for any period of time and must be in a completely enclosed yard or housed indoors.
(4) No dogs may be chained or tethered after dark (prior to sunrise or after sunset).
(5) No dogs may be chained or tethered for more than four consecutive hours.
(6) No dogs may be chained or tethered unless the owner or a person responsible for the dog is at the property.