Wild Berry Tart With Cashew-Lemon Cr
For the Crust:
6 cups dried coconut
2 cups cashews, *not soaked
2/3 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup lemon zest
1 Tbsp. sea salt
• In a food processor, process the coconut and cashews until fine. Be careful not to process longer, or it will be too oily. Stir in the agave nectar, lemon zest, and sea salt. Press into tart shells and freeze to firm.
• Remove from the molds and set aside.
For the Candied Orange Peel:
Approximately 1 dozen 3-4-inch orange zests
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
• In a small bowl, toss all the ingredients well. Gently press the zests as you toss.
• Allow to sit for an hour or more to marinate.
• Shape each zest into the final shape (a curl or spiral) and place on a dehydrator sheet.
• Dehydrate at 110°F in a dehydrator or an oven for 6 to 8 hours, or until crisp.
• Use as a garnish for the tarts.
For the Cashew-Lemon Crème:
4 cups cashews, soaked in water 10-12 hours
3/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 cups raspberries
Mint sprigs for garnish
• In a blender, combine the cashews, maple syrup, lemon juice, and salt.
• Fill each tart shell evenly with the crème and top with the fresh raspberries.
• Garnish with a sprig of mint and the candied orange peel.
Makes 12 servings