1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
4 tsp. nutritional yeast
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 cups water
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Extra flour (optional)
Extra water (optional)
• Put the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
• Add the flour, yeast, and soy sauce to make a paste.
• Add the water gradually, stirring constantly. Bring the gravy to a boil on medium to medium-high heat, continuing to stir. Boiling will help the gravy to thicken.
• Add the sage, salt, and pepper and stir until well mixed.
• If the gravy is too thin, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of flour to thicken, or if it is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water.