Truffled Wild Mushroom Risotto
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
6 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp. chopped garlic
2 cups arborio rice
1/3 lb. assorted exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, hen of the woods, and oysters, chopped (about 2 cups)
1 Tbsp. soy margarine
3 Tbsp. chopped green onions
2 Tbsp. white truffle oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
• Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until slightly soft, about 3 minutes.
• Add the stock and garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for about 6 minutes.
• Add the rice and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
• Add the mushrooms and continue to simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is creamy and bubbly, about 8 minutes.
• Stir in the margarine, green onions, and truffle oil. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Makes 4 to 6 servings