Tomato Head’s Vegan Chocolate-Peppermint Pie
For the Crust:
4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
• Place the cookie crumbs in a food processor and pulse until fine. With the machine running, drizzle oil over the cookie crumbs until evenly coated.
• Press into the bottom of a greased 10-inch pie pan, leaving the sides bare. Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
For the Filling:
1 lb. bittersweet chocolate
1 pkg. soft silken tofu
1 tsp. peppermint extract
• Melt the chocolate in a medium bowl over a double boiler.
• Place the melted chocolate, the tofu, and the peppermint extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
• Pour into the prepared crust. Refrigerate overnight.
• Cut while cold. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Makes 8 to 10 servings