Streusel Coffee Cake
1 cup soy milk
1 Tbsp. distilled white vinegar
1/3 cup soft tofu
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon, divided
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Oil a 9”x13” baking dish and set it aside.
• Blend the soy milk, vinegar, and tofu in a blender until they are completely smooth.
• In a large bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, 2 1/2 tsp. of the cinnamon, the ginger, salt, and oil until they are well-blended. Transfer 1 1/4 cups of this mixture to a small bowl, mix in the remaining cinnamon and the walnuts, and set it aside.
• To the remaining flour mixture, add the baking powder, baking soda, and blended tofu mixture and stir until the batter is smooth. Spread the batter evenly in the baking dish. Pour the flour and nut mixture from the small bowl over the top.
• Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings