2 cups soy milk
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. margarine
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
• Whisk together the soy milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
• Combine the soy milk mixture and the vegetable oil. Whisk into the dry mix.
• Melt the margarine on a griddle over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle in 1/4-cup scoops. Press some of the strawberries into the top. Cook until the bottom is golden. Flip and cook until done.
• Serve with powdered sugar or strawberry preserves.
Makes approximately 20 pancakes