Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 qt. water
2 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. Earth Balance margarine, melted
1 tsp. cracked pepper
• Preheat the oven to 250°F.
• Discard any cut seeds, then remove the stringy fibers from the remaining seeds.
• In a medium pot, combine the water and the salt. Bring to a boil.
• Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and dry.
• Place in a bowl and combine with the melted Earth Balance and the pepper.
• Spread the seeds on a baking sheet. Stirring every 10 minutes, bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
Variation: For spicier seeds, add 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, 2 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce, and 1 Tbsp. salt to the melted Earth Balance margarine.
Makes 2 cups