Piquant Pistachio Wrap With Tamarind Drizzle
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup lime juice
2 Tbsp. grated gingerroot
1 Tbsp. chopped jalapeño
2 Tbsp. tamari
1 cup vegetable margarine
1/2 head radicchio, shredded
6 collard green leaves, steamed
1 small jicama, julienned
2 small ripe mangoes, cut lengthwise into sticks
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup minced cilantro leaves
1/4 cup minced basil leaves
1/4 cup minced mint leaves
• Mix the pistachios, sesame oil, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
• Purée the agave syrup, lime juice, ginger, jalapeño, and tamari in a blender. Add the margarine and blend at low speed to combine. Add water to thin if necessary.
• Put the radicchio in a bowl and cover with the margarine mixture. Toss well to combine.
• To assemble, place 3 Tbsp. of the radicchio mixture evenly across the bottom 1/3 of a collard green leaf, leaving about 2 inches clear at the bottom. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios over the radicchio, followed by some jicama, mango, and bean sprouts. Add some cilantro, basil, and mint.
• Fold the bottom of the leaf tightly up and over the filling and tuck under the ingredients, rolling forward. Place the roll seam-side down on a serving dish. Repeat with the remaining filling and collard green leaves. Drizzle with the Tamarind Sauce.
For the Tamarind Sauce: 1 cup tamarind paste
3 Tbsp. agave syrup
1 Tbsp. tamari
1 Tbsp. olive oil
• Combine all the ingredients and purée.
Makes 6 servings