Cooking spray for coating the pan
2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (try Idaho brand)
Water sufficient to cover the potatoes
1/2 tsp. salt
Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 egg
Pepper, to taste
1/3 cup pesto
8 oz. nondairy cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
• Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Coat the cups of 3 mini-muffin pans (36 cups) with cooking spray.
• In a saucepan, cook the potatoes in the water on high heat for about 15 minutes, until fork-tender but not mushy. Drain. Return the potatoes to the saucepan and mash or put through a ricer. Stir in the salt, egg replacer, and pepper. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, use a fork to combine the pesto and nondairy cream cheese until blended.
• Spoon 1 rounded Tbsp. of the potato mixture into each muffin cup, pressing the spoon gently against the bottom and sides to make a small impression in the middle. Spoon 1 tsp. of the pesto mixture into each impression.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and top each cup with a small amount of the tomatoes and one olive slice. Return to the oven and cook for 3 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Commenting is closed.
In This Section
Products temporarily unavailable.