4 large potatoes, peeled and cooked one day in advance
3 1/3 Tbsp. flour
2 1/2 tsp. potato starch
Water or soy milk
7 cups water, salted
5 3/4 oz. marzipan
3 1/2 oz. vegan margarine
7 1/2 oz. bread crumbs
• Finely grate the potatoes and mix with the flour, salt, and potato starch. Add water or soy milk until the mixture has the consistency of dough.
• Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
• Shape the marzipan into walnut-sized balls. Mold the potato dough around the marzipan balls to form dumplings about the size of apricots. Place the dumplings in the boiling water.
• Meanwhile, melt the margarine in a saucepan, add the bread crumbs, and cook until golden brown.
• Take the dumplings out of the water with a spoon when they start to float on the surface and turn in the water. Roll in the bread crumbs and serve with a fruit purée, such as strawberry.
Makes 8 to 10 dumplings