1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup soy milk
5 1/3 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup chopped apples
• Heat the oven to 400º F.
• Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking liners.
• Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
• In a medium bowl, combine the soy milk, margarine, maple syrup, and applesauce.
• Add the soy milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened. Be careful not to mix too much!
Gently stir in the chopped apples.
• Fill the muffin cups half full, and top each with a pecan half. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 12 muffins